Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
08/2002
Country
US
State
FL
I don't know if anyone has tried this but I went gluten free about a year and a half ago because I was getting increasingly worse abdominal pain. I had a lot of gastrointestinal problems every day too. I saw a doctor who treated patients with Fibromyalgia and he told me that a large number of people with Fibro are gluten intolerant as well. I'm not sure what he was basing this information from, but I did it and it really, really helped me. I would definitely recommend it for anyone who hasn't tried it yet and has abdominal pain. I'd be happy to pass along some information if you'd like

I'm really glad you found help by going gluten free. This topic has been covered a lot lately, so I do recommend reading older (and current posts) in other areas of the forum.

I personally am grain-free, as my digestive organs are too weak to process any starch. I'm allergic to wheat, and have been gluten free for the majority of my life. I still had issues, though, and found going grain-free and starch-free has cleared up those issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back