Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
FL
This is a vent so please feel free to disregard8).

I waited a month for an appointment to see a doctor who many have told me is a great diagnostician. He is only in his office 2 days and is an ER doc the rest of the week. He is working toward having a full time practice. I was also warned that he runs late on his schedule.

So, I go to my 11 a.m. appointment last Wednesday and am told by the receptionist that there are 4 people ahead of me. By 1:15 p.m., the nurse is just calling back the 10:30 a.m. appointment and there are two people back there already. I figured I'd re-schedule because I didn't come prepared to wait all day.

I was so bummed out because I really hoped for some help with my symptoms and maybe it will be worth the wait once I finally get to see him.

Filing for disability is hanging over my head and I just want to make sure I've exhausted all possibilities of controlling my symptoms so that I can work again.

I am just so over never knowing each day what level of pain, fatigue or other symptom may surface so I can't really plan anything...I just wing it based on how I am feeling.

Not telling you anything you don't deal with I'm sure...so wish the medical community would figure out the cause of fibro.

Okay, pity party over! Thanks for the ear...will be in a more positive mind set tomorrow!

JK, we never disregard a vent. we listen and support you. you can do this. vent each day as you need.
the ER doctor should have been a red flag to you. find a new doctor that works on folks not an ER patch me up and send me to a real doctor.
you would have had a better experience at a doc in the box... take your time my friend. good things come to those that wait. dont spend your time waiting on a doctor. keep venting i hear you.

Thanks Cmetryme! Just having a rough few days with pain. I am lucky as I have one friend who gets it as she has been through the ringer with her own health problems and understands the frustration. The social isolation plays with your emotions when you are having a bad flare. I do get out as much as I can on the better days. Hugs!

Hi Cmetryme ... I just joined minutes ago after trying to call my doctor's office and the receptionist just asked can you hold and clicked before I even said yes, I can hold. So I was just standing in pain waiting and finally hung up. I can related - God, please give us the patience we need until we feel better.

I was diagnosed back in early 80s when I was only in my early 20s. I have never taken disability and maybe only missed a half dozen or more days from work in the past 3 decades due to my fibro. I also have had a very flexible work environment. My flu like total exhaustion with ached and pains last generally just a half day where I really can't plod along. Generally, I look normal and at my workplace for the past 6 years no one but one colleague knows that I have fibro. This entire month of March I have been just hanging on yet continue to smile, work part-time and plod along. I have only tried
one med back in mid-80s and it caused worse side effects than body aches and fatigue that I have chose the no med route. I do take tons of supplements and then nothing except a good multi vit for awhile. My husband has been fairly patient but this has dragged on too long this month. Thought maybe I do have some viral infection, anemia, low thyroid or something like that yet I really just think I got sleep deprived and needed to sit in the car too long causing more pain and SI joint pain and then more sleepless nights due to other pain, then total exhaustion, anxiety, some depression with long winter and feeling yukky. I've tried so many things, other than meds, and nothing really works ... except my prayerful pleas to God and He has listened and for a few decades I have had very, very mild or tolerable fibro. Now with menopause ... it seems to have hit me hard
again. Not in bed ... I keep plodding along and eventually it slowly disappears on me for awhile. I am looking forward to tomorrow ... first day of April and the snow is melting, grass is finally showing, birds are singing, and the temps here are finally going above freezing this week and may hit a high of
12 degrees Celsius ! Easter is coming and Jesus died for us sinners and has defeated this death that tries to sting us with diseases. There is always hope of an eternal life without pain and with the deep joy of living with our Creator God! Feel better already - hope you do, too.

JKerner59,
I do hope you get in to see that doctor soon and get to feeling better. while waiting on this doctor was hard on you, it makes me think in the long run it might be a good thing. It sounds like this doctor cares about his patients and takes as much time as he needs to hear what they have to say, as well as, getting your medical history and doing a complete exam. you will need to let us know if he turns out to be a great doctor.

When I was in Florida, I had a wonderful family doctor who really listen and tried to help me all he could. I miss him with the doctors I have now that rush you in and out so fast your head spins.

And never feel alone here. As @Cmetryme, said, we never let a vent go by if we can offer some words of comfort or support, or just let you know that we do care about you. :)

Kany,
Just a quick warm welcome here. It is always good to hear a member state that she or he gets through this pain and worry with the help of the Lord. I look forward to talking with you more through out the forum. Your words of comfort should be a great comfort to all that read them. Thank you for responding to this post and see you around the forum. :)

Kandy, hello. thanks for replying to this post and understanding how venting can help all of us.
iI do look forward to hearing your stories as well. i would like you to start a daily log book so you can keep track of your pain levels and
get the help you need from your doctor. start a treatment plan that works for you and your doctor. it has help me in the past and in my future visits to my doctor. see my post under general discussions "starting a daily log book and my it helps" also see my post
what is fibromyalgia. you can learn from both of those. keep posting and feel free to friend me and chat anytime.

Amen!
Although it may seem your alone, your not. HANG IN THERE! AND DON'T GIVE IN OR GIVE UP!
If you need to make another app. Do! And if the door closes again keep on shopping for a good Dr. If he's not available, then. Ask his Nurse providing you can talk to her, for a recommendation from the ER Dr.
Good luck, Don't give up! Finding a responsible Dr. That really suits you, can be, like finding a needle in a hay stack.

Working and relying on doctors one needs to have MEGA patience. I know they can help and I also believe we can help ourselves as much as possible....this has gone on since the beginning of time. But it works all ways in life, nothing is perfect and I would not want to be a doctor for anything and listen to negative STUFF all day and try to help as best they can.

There is so MUCH info online to work on helping ourselves...getting labs are very necessary for many issues. Back in the OLD Days, labs were hardly available until the 60-70's....I don't remember my folks ever getting labs as I was growing up, but lots have changed....my folks lived into 90's....take care and patient heal thyself as much as we can. J

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back