Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
10/2015
Country
US
State
PA
Hi friends. I have flares but do not have pain everyday. However I can work, play, keep up with a heavy schedule then all at once I'm exhausted. Not sleeping well at night. Do any of you play hard then get setback with fatigue? Thank you. Chris

Yep..........all the time.
I have learned to avoid this by pacing myself and learning to listen to my body, and making myself stop what I am doing, no matter what, if my body says it is getting to the point of having enough. If I can stop early enough, the repercussions I get are minor compared to the heavy fatigue and pain I used to get when I would overdo it.

Much better to pace yourself and be careful than to have these setbacks.

Thank you for sharing your experience. I will try to listen more to my body and stop pushing thru.

Hi friends. I have flares but do not have pain everyday. However I can work, play, keep up with a heavy schedule then all at once I'm exhausted. Not sleeping well at night. Do any of you play hard then get setback with fatigue? Thank you. Chris
This was one of my biggest hurdles as I got used to living with this thing. Doubling down and pushing through was 100% my instinctive life strategy up until then - but suddenly, my body wouldn't let me any more! I still slip up and overdo it sometimes, but it's defo worth trying to tune into your body's more subtle signals and pausing before you reach the hit-the-wall point.

Jemima, Thank you for sharing your experience with me. I go strong all the time and always have but guess I will have to change my ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back