Going to the gyn on a bad flair/ joint pain advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sbowman23

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
08/2016
Country
US
State
MA
Hello, I’m new to the forum.
Currently I’m dealing with a really bad flair, which is brought on by a lot of factors but at the moment my joint pain in my hips and knees where I have chronic pain is bad. My back has bothered me too, unfortunately I’ve been having bladder/vaginal issues recently I know I need a gyn visit but I’m so worried about the pain of not only exam it’s self but the stress of my already bad joint pain by being in that position.

Does any one have any advice on how to cope with or deal with this? Or how to express my concerns to the dr?

Hi there, and welcome to the forum. If you are having bladder/vaginal issues, go to the doctor right away. I know you're worried about the pain, but these could be, or turn into, serious conditions if not treated, so don't wait! In fact, I wouldn't wait for a doctor's appointment at all, but go today to an Urgent Care facility.

As for dealing with the pain in general, see my post on advice for managing FM at the top of the General forum. It includes many suggestions, and I recommend trying as many of them as you can. Report back with questions or concerns, because all of us are here to help.

And going to the gym? If you are in a bad pain flare, don't go.

I been to the clinic a few times over the past few months and have been on antibiotics for it and have done an online appointment. But I know that in order to make sure things are okay or not I have to see an actual gyn, I’m just worried about doing the exam it’s self because I’m having a really bad high pain time and I’m worried about being able to get examined effectively. I have seen some of your posts actually and they are very informative. Thank you for your response.

Of course, I misread your title and thought you were asking about going to the gym, not the gynecologist! Dumb of me, sorry.

You need the exam. If you don't go and get one and find out what is going on you may let yourself in for a whole lot more pain and trouble than you already have, because those kinds of infections do not ever get better on their own, only worse. And if it gets bad enough it can move into the kidneys and then you could have permanent damage. If it is vaginal instead of bladder or urinary, that won't get better on its own either.
Don't risk making things a whole lot worse.
Make an appointment and get in as soon as you can.

No worries! I ended up going today, it was very tough, and my body is not loving me right now. But I’m waiting for results, thank you for your prompt responses!

Let us know how it turns out. Best of luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back