Gone potty? Plants gardens and lawns .

Aw, he's cute πŸ₯° is he a baby? Some pennies for the well (enough to make a wish for all of us)πŸͺ™ πŸͺ™ πŸͺ™ πŸͺ™ πŸͺ™ πŸͺ™ πŸͺ™πŸͺ™ πŸͺ™ πŸͺ™ πŸͺ™ πŸͺ™ πŸͺ™ πŸͺ™ πŸͺ™ πŸͺ™ πŸͺ™
πŸ˜™πŸ’—πŸ’—

The froggy is a young one , has a lot of growing to do yet.
Your wishes are my command, will grant them and hopefully magic will happen 🀞😊

I astonished a lot of neighbours yesterday when I asked for their garden waste.
I got about 3 cubic meters, at first sight I spose it looked like 6.
Now I'm sorting it's quickly dwindling again.
The first I could use up immediately for deco, esp. mahonia blossoms set off in front of my dead wood claddings.
The next lot was a mountain of humus - a reason to unearth the patio, tons of cherry laurel cuttings - makes such lush decoration everywhere, and they dug me out big patches of their moss too, still not enough, but they'll be cultivating it for me they said.
And the last to my delight turned out to be 3-4 types of ivy. The "bushes" fill one of two gaps in our ivy bushes. The others I'll be using as leaf deco, as flexible twigs for weaving (several ideas where), to plant where nothing's growing under the cherry, and probably weaving and planting at the same time = weave-planting - our stark big steel garden gate doesn't fit in my aeon (never did fit to anything), not sure yet what I'll do with the thick roots, probably for cladding.
Quite an ivy mountain, two actually, but when I work thru things and it hits me what I need it for, it all dwindles away like butter. Except it was tough work today after doing so much yesterday.
Weird - 2x5' vacuuming took me over my limits quicker than 3h of gardening after. Air and sun I need.

JayCS, you made me tired just reading your busy post. I went out to feed my little Bourkes and got weeding some of my pot plants. I came across this fungus in the pot. How peculiar it is and one is open and looks like a little space ship.
80553DF4-339A-4B7F-8898-233221C3DC2C.jpeg

one is open and looks like a little space ship
Wow, wonderful!
The guy who gave me "half his garden" had even more, bigger and nicer "turkey tails" on a dead stump, he must first have thought I was crazy when I gasped in glee at it and took photos.
But at the end he saw all I'm doing and said... can I believe him?... he thought it looked really good.
I've had to tone down since Monday, from overdoing it, then the flat appt. and the 3 doc appointments this week alone, but apart from lots of small stuff, I put a long thin conifer trunk (3 yards) at the side of our stark metal garden gate, and it immediately changed its character. And now I'm developing ideas that I'll put the rounded dry conifer branches in a certain pattern, maybe leaving an askew oval in the middle, that might really look like art. I spose all I'm doing is art at the moment, what with all the dummies and cladding, waiting for nature to take over more and more, but encouraging it to go its own way and keeping anything with fungal spots in check. Yeah, space ships and turkey tails are lots of fun, natural art, but not brown spots or my hurting lips....

Found some more fungi, I went to put some trash in bin and came across these. They are quite big.
9956B05F-1C31-42A6-9A4A-957142AA1F7C.jpeg EBF3D90C-5CBD-4F5E-BDD3-C8B3AEAEB317.jpeg
There are so many clumps. We have a fair bit of rain this last week so may have encouraged them on.

There are so many clumps.
They look delicious, but even if an expert of trust had identified them I wouldn't eat them, don't like the jelly texture of fresh mushrooms. But there's many foods like that, like coffee which I just enjoy the look (and smell) of without remorse.

I have been encouraging my bromeliads to cover my full front yard, so I won’t have to weed or mow.
This is how it’s looking today. Three big separate clumps. After they finish flowering I will break them up again.
8F579793-3574-452C-9501-C9C1DF588DA0.jpeg 6A4799AB-4DAF-447E-9EA4-BD692E5984FE.jpeg E4AD91C2-5460-40A9-B509-9F86B0BC16D8.jpeg

Pretty flowers πŸ’

Last edited:
My "painting" the wild landscape has really developed into that. The ovals I'd envisioned for the big stark metal garden gate using the bent conifer twigs first made me think of a B, or like someone today said a 2 or a 6, but then it dawned upon me it's actually a swan, so I gave him a beak, and then a treble clef, so I put a curly bit under it. People, even my wife 😸, are now starting to understand and like it. The cellar windows clad with dead wood someone identified as English wicker-work, which inspired me to start anew with more bendy, straight twigs, which now look neater - not as wild as the back garden still looks, and after the flowers of the mahonia twigs I was given withered I've left the leaves along with some rose twigs, but now added pink blossomed twigs from the flowering currant (which are too stinky to use indoors). Looks pretty as if I were a flower arranger. Which I spose I am, cos I use all cuttings to decorate, fill the many ugly spaces and corners. I've draped heaps of conifer cuttings over the pavillion and used the best ivy to plant all over the place, altho I'm not at all sure it'll survive, even being ivy. I thought I'd got some good enough mulch to plant loads of "wild" insect flowers on, but was told it needs to be better and to take it from somewhere else in the garden, and then I found a brilliant solution, loads of dark earth where nothing was growing. There found even more paving stones, dug them out and lots of earth with worms enough to fill where I've taken out all the (25) paving stones around the flower beds to expand them for the new flowers, which will be late flowering as opposed to the snowdrops, crocuses, daffodils, hyacinths, and now tulips (50?).
So not getting boring. A small part I've made into a childrens' play area using dead wood and deco stuff, today a toddler tested and decided everything I do is great, like being pushed around in a wheelbarrow, climbing on the paving stones hidden away - so praps the play area is more for older kids....

I would love to walk around your garden JayCS, I don’t use a wheelbarrow anymore I use a 4 wheel wagon style garden cart. Kids love being pulled around in it.
More fungus is up in my garden. I actually got up close and personal this time.
1400A2D3-E0FB-47AF-9497-814C1C02E038.png
How cool and weird is the underside of em.

Back