Status
Not open for further replies.
Today was a very hard time. Woke up to my mom crying, in horrible pain. Another awful flare up, this year has been horrible. We went to the hospital and had to spend all day waiting and we're just now getting back. God bless to all of you.

Scotch, Glad you added your story about your mother and I hope she is feeling better now. I know how it is going to the hospital and staying for hours waiting for the test results to come back and finally being able to go home. I will keep you and your mother in my prayers. :)

I had a day of rushing from store to store, getting errands done and grocery shopping done. Got home in time to visit with a relative who had stopped in to visit. Then treated myself to pizza with salad for supper and ice cream for dessert. Now here I am sharing the news with all of you. Hope your tomarrows are better than your todays. Till next time.....:)

God bless you, 1sweed. Both of us appreciate your prayers, the Lord does amazing things. Today has been much better, though she is still in some pain its not as bad as yesterday. Hope you enjoyed your pizza, did it have pineapples on it? ;)

Scotch,
Glad to hear your news. And no pineapple, if i was going to have pizza it was going to have the works, a surpreme. and yes I enjoyed it very much, as I had not had one in over two years. So now I can hold off for another two years, maybe. lol :)

Have been tied up with lots of appointments the last few weeks. My new Fibro clinic sent me for a sleep study which resulted in a barrage of heart and lungs tests. I'm still awaiting the results. The stress and worry of all that has made me a bit up and down like a yo-yo days.
At least the weather has been very pleasant and I've been finally able to do some bits outside and spring plant are showing their green hats. The birdies are chirping with spring song and the squirrels are getting their new coats.
All is well with the world.

So there ya go Sweeds, I'm still around and hope to be spending some more time arround here soon.
Night my lovelies

Good day to all who reads this. I need to share what is going on with me. After 3 years of being in constant pain...very few good days, I decided to try out a new doctor. I had my second appointment last Friday with a rheumatologist. I really like him alot and he really seems to know his stuff. I had been taking 200mg Lyrica twice a day and 60mg of Cymbalta twice a day. I am still taking both of those but instead of twice a day I am only taking them once a day. My new doctor has started me on 5 mg of prednisone twice a day. He told me that I would notice a great improvement in a weeks time and he is right. I feel wonderful! The pain in my arms, shoulders and back are gone. Still some pain in my legs but not nearly as bad as before I started taking the prednisone.

My husband and I are planning on making a trip to the UK to visit his family the end of May. I was really hoping to find something to help me with pain by then....and am just so happy the prednisone is working so well for me. We haven't been able to go to the UK in 5 years so we are really looking forward to this trip. We have 3 grandchildren in England, 2 of which we have never seen in person. And Kevin's mum lives in northern Scotland along with his brother and sister-in-law. Have never been to Scotland but have always wanted to go...can't wait.

I just wanted to share with all of you

My day is going pretty well, I have been outside sitting in the sunshine, which feels so good on my face! I have been trimming up the roses and brought a big beautiful bundle of them into the house for a little sunshine inside! The look so pretty sitting on the table.

First off I want to thank all of you for picking up this thread and running with it. I have been not posting here enough do to the fact my life is kind of a mess right now with being a caregiver. It is very hard taking care of someone who is not with it a lot of the time and I find myself to drained at night to have much cheerful to say.

This week has been crazy with my car having a broken spring bracket and so it would not pass inspection. So luckily my brother has found someone who can fix it. We have contracted for a tree to be cut down and it keeps raining so that job can not be completed. Going to doctor's has been a challenge with the car not in good road condition, meaning asking neighbors to take us both to appointments.

So I come here very tired and in lots of pain most nights. Thus that good day to you seems so far away now, but I am hoping next week will be much better and life will slow down and get back to normal, what ever that is. In the meantime I hope you all have a wonderful holiday weekend coming up at the end of this month and if not try to be happy.

I am so pleased to see Indianagal back and welcome to you sanders89. Thanks for stopping in to share a part of your day. Please come back and post again here. It is great to see all the wonderful and encouraging posts around the forum.

Hey all! I am experiencing a Maine Spring again after six years in Washington. I think the pastel colors of the hardwood trees' baby leaves are as beautiful as the celebrated fall foliage. While I could do without the black flies, it is wonderful to be back home on the ridge and hear the wail of the loons in the early evening. I am blessed that my son and daughter-in-law have welcomed me into their home while I take some time to see if I can find a way to live better with fibro.

Hope you all had a good day. I had a very busy one, but I managed with help to get all my plants for my garden and get some planted. I bought seed packets of carrots and beets, green string beans and sweet corn. I also bought tomato and green pepper plants and some cucumber plants, and some flowers today. Got some things planted as well.

And then we got a new used couch today from a friend who got a new one. It is sooooooooo comfortable and both mom and I like it. And of course with all the rain we have had lately the grass grows constantly, so had to mow the lawn. I took a nice bath and feel refreshed enough to sleep better tonight.

So my busy day left me hurting, but it was a good productive day. How about you? How was your day? Tell us. :)

Hello, long time since I have had time to post, but sadly tonight I have the time because I had to call 911 for my mom. She fell three times and although, I caught her and set her down, I knew it was time to call for help. She is in the hospital tonight and will be home soon. I now need more nursing equipment and she must use a wheelchair to prevent falls.

So i am tired tonight and anxiety and worry over the future has me unsure of what to do. The doctor wants her in the nursing home and I worry for her state of mind as she is not a people person. So my friends think good thoughts and send hugs and prayers my way as I need any comfort that you can offer.

As usually I hope you all had a good day and I will let you know how things go. :)

Isweed, I hope this day is less worrisome and tiring. Thinking of you and hugs.

Loftpat, thank you so much for your comforting words.

Today was stressful as well worrying about mom, and having my family give me grief. I am worried about how I will manage if and when mom goes to the nursing home and my sister-in-law said some hurtful things. I am ready to chuck it all and run away.
I make future plans and do all the work caring for mom and all they do is complain about how I do things. I am not sure if I can keep this up, as I am worn out and frazzled. Not sure at all at this point in time.

Thank you for thinking of me. :)

Good day to all!
If I got up early in the morning then I felt extremely happy and fresh for doing any kind of work and activity.
If we started well doing anything then it is sure that it would be ended well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back