Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
11/2012
Country
US
State
MO
Just moved from out of state to Kansas City. Having trouble finding anyone that treats fibro here. I had an excellent dr in my previous state. If anyone knows a good dr in KC please let me know. I am severe enough I am on disability.
Thank you!

I recommend using a Google search and Yelp, typing in "fibromyalgia doctor" and see what comes up, then read reviews if there are any. And finally call the office and ask if the doctor works with fibromyalgia patients. You can google to see if there is a fibromyalgia support group in that area, in person or online, and if so ask them.
In the end, though, you just have to go to one and find out it that person is good for you or not. A doctor one person likes might not be the one you like. sometimes when you don't know anyone in the area to ask it is a bit of trial and error.
Just saying all this in case no one here can actually recommend a person to you.

Hi Laine, and welcome to our forum! 👋

Our site does have doctors lists and the one for Kansas City even has 30 on it.
If you click on their names you'll get data which may be correct, outdated or misleading.
Instead I'd do web searches for them (in quotation marks", with and without the middle name letter, and include the word fibromyalgia, to find out more about that person, like what kind of research they've done etc.
If you do that for the first, Andrea Nicol, you will see that she did a talk on youtube on fibromyalgia in 2018, so she is obviously a fibromyalgia expert, altho it says "Doctor Specializes In: Chronic Pain" and not expressly "Fibromyalgia" like in other cases. I also can't find her on yelp. I've long known that video, and she comes across very nice and open, however I don't agree with some opinions of hers.

We also have a list of support groups internationally incl. US, Fibromyalgia Support Groups in United States, but none entered in KS.

Hello! I'm north of KC. If you don't end up finding one in the KC area, I go to a good rheumatologist in St. Joseph about 30 miles from that area. Dr. Bronson is a kind & thorough doctor. He spent an hour with me the 1st time I saw him and explained everything in detail and answered all of our questions. (My husband went with me) I was really impressed. I do hope you find someone closer, but that's an option if you need it. Best of luck! Amy 😊

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back