Good Morning All! Holiday season is upon us and so are flare-ups!

Status
Not open for further replies.

chance1252

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
07/2022
Country
US
State
VA
I am on day 4 of a flare-up due to many factors. I have a lot of stress right now, I have worn myself way down energy-wise, have been eating very crappy, and I got a bladder infection. Yay me! So now today alongside my entire body being stiff and painful to touch I also almost fell asleep behind the wheel this morning trying to get everyone where they need to be. I am hugely at fault for not listening to the warning signs and pushing myself when I should have been giving myself grace. I just feel so guilty being a single mom of four that I ignore myself and what's happening to me then I end up like this.

@chance1252 , many folks will understand how this happens. You want to do it all in spite of your own health concerns. As you are saying, though, it only comes back on you like a rubber band and hits you in the face with more problems than ever, making it even harder or impossible for you to do those things you feel bad about not doing!

Don't beat yourself up - that really doesn't help. Just take it as another lesson (most of us need to get that lesson over and over, so don't feel alone) and remember in the future not to push yourself so hard.

Also, if you haven't already done so, sit down with your family and have a good talk with them. Tell them honestly how it is for you and explain that you love them and want to do everything for them, but sometimes you can't because your body won't allow it. Tell them that they also need to listen to their bodies, no matter how healthy they are, so as to take good care of themselves.

Remember that you set the example. If you push yourself to exhaustion, that is not teaching your kids how to take care of their bodies. You want them to learn by your example that it is OK to rest or take a break, or to say they can't do something if it is going to make them feel physically exhausted or ill, or be painful for them.

???? They do very much exist!

No need to respond to this person; they posted a great many of these "don't exist" posts and they won't be around for a while.
thank you, Sunkacola...
I put that person on "ignore" and did report, but if they have already been taken care of, that is fantastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back