Not open for further replies.

Annecoote

Reason
Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
02/2017
Country
UK
I suffer from this terrible muscle pain for more than 2 years. I told my gp and he told me it is all in my head. I sleep continuously, I can't touch my skin or massage my muscles. I had some blood tests , but my gp told me everything is OK. My father died from fibromialgia 12 years ago, and he was diagnosed in Austria. I live in England and I am desperate to be treated and diagnosed properly. What do I need to do?

As I said in my response to your other post that says the same thing this one does.............get a new doctor. One who will listen to you.

I searched on the computer for a doctor who treats fibromyalgia in my area and found help. Good luck on your journey it takes time and effort. Then come here for support. You'll need it. I have some control on my pain but I've been trying different supplements and have completely changed what I eat in the last 6 years. You can do it!

Finally i was diagnosed with fibromyalgia. I am in terrible pain, I can't walk more than 10 steps. I am on tramadol. Can I apply for PIP? What do I have to go? What are the steps,please?. Thank you very much.

Hi Annecoote,
I don't know what PIP is, and probably wouldn't be of any help anyway since I am not in the UK.

I do recommend that you not take tramadol, or at least only use it rarely/occasionally when things are really bad, because regular use of it will definitely result in your needing more of it daily because it stops working as well. then you take more, and more again, and then you are addicted and from what I know it is a serious addiction and very hard to break. It can ruin your life, so please know that and take care with it.

Also, follow some or all of the suggestions that I make in this post:My advice for managing fibromyalgia (especially for newcomers)

Some of these things may ease your pain, and most will probably help you to learn to manage this better and have a decent life without depending entirely on drugs.

At least you are taking one of the mildest medications. Contrary to belief not that long ago tramadol was not listed as a narcotic, it's very similar to aspirin. Except aspirin messes with some people's stomachs. Which is not my point here. I believe you should try all natural pain relief first. I use essential oils and marijuana which really help. I still have incredibly bad days but I keep fighting. Don't give up life is worth it.
And I use tramadol when it's really bad, anything to keep the edge off and keep moving.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back