Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
10/2012
Country
US
State
AL
I was diagnosed two years ago, but the worst symptoms didn't hit until this past winter. I'm 62, so I assumed a lot of my aching joints/bones was arthritis, which I also have...runs in my family. I was tested at age 42 for rheumatoid arthritis, but was negative. I had an aunt who had crippling rheumatism, died in her 40s from it.

Has anyone here ever been prescribed Neurontin? It was the first prescription I was given, along with anti--depressant, muscle relaxers and occasionally, Lortab. I find that Ibuprofen helps too.

At any rate, fibro has severely altered my life; I used to be very active, walked 2 miles every day with my dogs. In fact, all through my life until the past couple of years, I always did some kind of daily exercise. Now I'm at the point that I sometimes can barely take care of my pets, and have to lie down to rest at least twice a day. Any kind of lifting, like getting heavy grocery bags into the house, picking up my small dog, just general household tasks make my muscles ache for days. I do sleep well, but attribute that to the anti-depression medication, Remeron.

I live in the South, and the warm weather in summer seems to help a bit; but winter (live in north Ala.) really worsens my achy body.

Just wanted to introduce myself...I'm a widow of 8 years, love pets, and a published author.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back