Not open for further replies.

love2travel

Diagnosis
04/2008
Country
CA
State
AB
My FM diagnosis was nearly six years ago. Unfortunately, I also have 3 herniated discs and several associated problems with that. Plus I was diagnosed with celiac three years ago. :sad: However, I do not allow this to control me. Initially I did and life was more difficult than it needed to be. Having said this, it is difficult spending half my time in bed, both physically and mentally. But I do not need to explain as you experience similar.

Yet another blizzard is raging outside but I am thankful to be cozy and snug inside. :)

Happy you found this forum and also glad to hear you are cosy and warm with electricity I hope. It is very cold here in Pennsylvania as well. But warm and happy is the main thing, next to enough to eat. I hope that by reading the different posts you will find some helpful hints that will make your life less painful. Please post anywhere you like and ask any questions that you might need answers too.

I hope you had a nice Christmas and that your new year is one that is less painful and more fibro symptom free. :)

Welcome, love2travel. Where have you traveled? You live in a beautiful place-Canada-but where else have you gone?

We have traveled mostly to Europe and have been to many beautiful countries such as Scotland, Germany, Italy, Slovenia, Austria, Wales, France, Iceland, England, Bosnia, Croatia...our favourite is Croatia. In fact, we are moving there in May and are thrilled. It is where I feel the healthiest, happiest and at home. It is a huge step and the residency laws very challenging. Our house there is an old stone house not far from the Adriatic. Venice is just across the water from us. It seems so surreal but we are beginning to clean closets, etc. The difficulty is travel. Pain becomes unbearable on the flights. We get the exit aisle seats so I can easily stand, get out and stretch. But each time the tears come. My gel seat and lumbar support are crucial, as are strong meds. Yet I do it as I need normalcy and a life.

Wow! I've always wanted to visit Iceland. And how exciting to be moving to Croatia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back