DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
01/2008
Country
AU
State
VIC
Hi all...

This is the first fibro forum I've joined, after suffering in relative silence for almost 7 years I decided it would be nice to be among my people. :razz:

I am a 38 year old mother of 3, an ex-nurse, a blogger, and now a Master of Social Work student. I'm currently experiencing the worst fibro pain I've endured, which has prompted me to find you, I suppose.

My treatment at this stage involves regular exercise, fortnightly myotherapy sessions, heated blankets, and over-the-counter pain relief as required. My pain and fatigue are, at times, extraordinary.

I look forward to getting to know some of you.

Silver

So glad to have you here with us. I have been struggling with Fibro and CFS and depression for as long as I remember, which is about 3 hours. LOL
Been on so many different meds, some good, some right down pitiful. I really hope we can help you here and being an ex-nurse, I'm sure your knowledge will surely help us..

Breck

Hi I'm a social work student as well :)

Nice to meet you, what are your symptoms?

Hi Lilly

Nice to meet you too.

Chronic back and shoulder pain, insomnia, exhaustion, depression, digestive issues, headaches, jaw pain and brain fog. You? (Feel like I'm ordering off a menu! :p )

Hi Breck

Brain-fog is something I just can't adjust to, I'm usually the most organized person you've met, whereas now my methods are failing me. No matter how much I try to get a handle on things, I still mess them up!

Hi, Silver!

I am a nurse as well, but am currently disabled related to fibromyalgia pain. My diagnosis is fairly new. I have not worked since July. I hope to get to visit with you at some point as we seem to have some things in common. Not now though because I hurt so, so bad. Hope to catch you later.

Hi Silver! happy to meet you. My pain has been really bad lately too. We're finally getting spring weather here. Hopefully that will help. What type of exercise do you do?

welcome silver. glad you could join us. please share what you can here. it helps us all.

Welcome sliver, for the brain fog use post its stick erm on the doors as u go around the house u will be reminded of jobs u wanna do .

Hi Arelle, I'm so sorry to hear you are suffering so much right now. What are you using for relief?

Cindykay, we're just heading into winter and it has me scared. :( Hubby and I have plans to move up north one day where it's hot and humid all year around, but right now I live in a very cold place. I actually did 2 years of strength training (heavy weight training 4 times a week) to build up my back and shoulders, but I honestly don't know if it made that much of a difference to my pain. Now I walk/run 4 times a week for an hour and find that if I keep moving, I feel much better. It's hard though, this morning I was up and showered at 4am because of the pain, so this afternoon I will just want to sleep, and that will make the pain worse. Such is the cycle. :/

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back