DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
07/2015
Country
US
State
SC
Hey fibro friends!
I was wondering if any of you suffered from growing pains from preschool age to around middles school?
When I started feeling fibro symptoms I described it to my mom as growing pains all over.
My growing so pains as a child felt like I was dying and all the could do for me was grape flavored children's Tylenol...

Share your stories! I think there may be something here!

I used to get really bad pains in my knees when I was 10. I was growing really fast at the time. My mom took me to the doctor. They told us my bones were growing faster than my tendons could keep up with and that's why I was hurting. It hurt really bad for a while then stopped. Other than that I don't remember a lot of pain growing up.

DK_Engineer I had the same at 12, Osgood Schlatters. Took aspirin like candy for the symptoms. I've wondered about taking all that aspirin as a kid and wondered if it might have effected my nerves. Not sure how that works exactly. Also had Jr Rheumatoid Arthritis around the same time. Tons more aspirin. I guess Fibromyalgia feels similar to both in that it is all pain.

Thanks Getemgirl, now I know what it's called :)

I don't remember being given asprin or anything. I think the doctor saidiI should just take it easy when it hurt.

I'm sorry to hear you had rheumatoid arthritis - that must have been difficult, especially as a child.

Jr Rheumatoid mostly in my hands. Doc told me it would probably go away and it did. When my fibromyalgia symptoms started, it was really bad in my hands. I thought it was arthritis as it felt the same, but after 25 years who really knows. As I said, it was pain and what we have now is pain.

Interesting and good to know DK that it wasn't from taking all the aspirin as a kid!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back