DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
01/2007
Country
US
State
WI
Guaifenasin anyone?
Has anyone tried this? It gets rid of my pain completely when I am on it long term and avoid salicylates. A doctor that found this remedy suffers from fibro.
Thoughts?

I've recently been on something similar. Hope it works for you, ....I've gained weight .

I have never heard of this ? Does it help boost energy ? I will google it right now though !

No, but I have done all the research on the guaifenasin protocal and read a book on it. I know someone whose family member did it. Said it was terrible and like a severe flu the first couple weeks, then it got better and now this person doesn't take any meds anymore except for something to help them sleep. It worked on them.

I read about this then tried it for a few weeks, cutting out salicylates and everything, and it did nothing but make me very drowsy. Yet another of the hundreds of things I've tried that hasn't worked for me. Maybe it works better on certain people- there are some people who swear by it. I am not one of those people.

I've used that as a cough suppressant and decongestant. I've never heard of it for fibro.....?

Dr Bennett in Oregon has proven that this treatment has absolutely no effect on fibromyalgia. If you think it helped you, it must have been the placebo effect. Save your money.

I actually saw Dr. St Amand as he's an endo....in his office, he touched around my neck and said your thyroid is fine, but you have FM! He tried to push the guai on me, it's very very restrictive but I resisted. A friend on another FM group used it and said it helped her.

To this day, I'm not sure abut the FM diagnosed he gave me, on that day in July 1999, I had never heard of Fibro. I was 61 and was trying for 10 yrs to get my thyroid supported....I believed it was sluggish all those years...and the lab numbers told the docs, I was fine.

We are NOT numbers .. we are symptoms and thyroid dsyfunction is linked to 69 some health issues.

Guai is in mucinex. And it's otc supplement and docs also write scripts for guai. I don't KNOW. But not for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back