Had ped placed tuesday

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

:evil: Did anyone tell me there would be this much pain involved with this? If they had, I don't know if I would have had it done! I also have Fibro, so they said it might have had something to do with the extra pain.

I had three babies, the "runt" weighed in at 9 pounds five ounces...the largest was my son, 10 pounds. I don't think I hurt any worse having him than I did when the Lidocaine wore off my belly! They had to give me four shots of pain meds and sent me home with liquid pain meds. Let me tell you we stopped about 40 miles outside of Jax and took some more!

It is beginning to be a bit better, but I am still so sore I can't get a deep breath and can't yawn (which I do a LOT) and can't cough w/o crying! Boy...this disease is #%@)#$*@)$*!

I have already had my first two feedings. I am having one right now..I think it is turkey and dressing! :?:

deborah

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow...sorry to hear you having so much pain. My mother's was a breeze. She didn' t even have pain when we cleaned around the area for the first 2 or 3 weeks. Hope it gets better for you soon.

Deborah, I am sorry for the pain you are going through. I had none and had to fend off the nurses that kept trying to give me pain pills to swallow (if I could swallow a pill I wouldn't need a peg!). I know once you get past this it will be a lot better and it wont be a struggle to eat and drink.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Deborah I am so sorry that you are experiencing pain. My dad had minimal pain when he had his PEG put in last April. He was totally against it at first and it took a while to convince him. I am so grateful that he went for it and he never regretted it. It gave him renewed energy and improved his quality of life more than anything else. Moreover he would not be here today if he hadn't gotten it.

I sure hope you heal up fast... Happy Thanksgiving!
Rosella

Today is Sunday and I am feeling a bit better. I went to church today, but just to worship. I had to hold myself to keep all the people from hugging me to close! LOL! I am able to stand up straight today, first day that has happened, but still not able to sleep in the bed yet. Hubby says I am getting just like his grandparents, sleeping in separate beds! Just let him get his stomach punched! Big baby!

Anyway, I do feel better today and I hope to go to work tomorrow, even though I don't want to. Son and hubby have someone for me to train. I just hope she works out so that I don't have to go through all that training and then she doesn't show up after that!

thanks for the concern!

deborah

Deborah, SUCH GOOD NEWS that you are feeling better! Yeahhh! I can so identify with your "someone for me to train. I just hope she works out so that I don't have to go through all that training and then she doesn't show up after that!" I created and operated The Britton Bistro so I do understand. We could exchange horror stories! :] giving you soft hugs, Kay Marie

Well, I didn't have to train today..found out the lady had had a week of upper respiratory infection and was still as she put it "coughing stuff up" so I told her to wait! I don't need anything else!

Feel a bit better today, but slept in the bed last night and didn't get too much sleep!

deborah

well, glad the peg and hopefully soon, the pain is all behind you. hope you are doing okay, take a nap today:)

HI, so sorry to hear about the pain. I hope you feel much better soon. I think it won't be long for me.. Not looking forward to it at all..... Linda

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back