Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
05/2010
Country
US
State
Oregon
Does anyone ever have their hair hurt? I know it may sound a little strange, but sometimes I feel like I've been hit in the head really hard and my head and hair sting like a bee sting or something similar. I'm sure that it goes along with all of the other sensitivities of Fibromyalgia. If anyone has any suggestions on how to deal with this problem, I am all ears.

I've only had my head hurt if my ponytail was too tight or if I wear a bun for a long period of time. But it's not like a stinging sensation. I have long curly hair but it's thin so it's not too heavy, but when I pile it all in a bun for too long it feels heavy and painful, or if my ponytail is too tight I feel all the hairs pulling and it hurts. Maybe how you style your hair is affecting you. For me the best thing is to wash it, detangle it and let it down. I don't iron or blow dry it anymore but the rare times I did it was always painful. If your hair is too heavy you might consider cutting it short so it doesn't hurt as much.

If you think it's related to the fibro ask your doctor about it, it's likely they know if this is a symptom and how to treat it.

Kerin, I don't meant to scare you or anything, but as far as I know this kind of issue isn't common among fibro sufferers. I experienced something similar many years ago, btw, my scalp hurt a bit and some areas just felt weird. It could be a hormonal thing, if it goes on you should get it checked. Specially if you don't notice any kind of redness on your scalp.

Thank you for letting me know that, I am going through menopause and so that makes perfect sense. Unfortunately all the doctors that I have been to are less educated on Fibromyalgia than I am, so I research things on my own.

No the only time my hair hurts is when I tie it up, I Hope you find answers to this.

Hello. Just wanted to tell you that I experience scalp pain, pain in my head hairloss and yes hair pain. I do know other people with fibromyalgia that experience this too. Although everyone experiences different symptoms and different levels of pain, fibro can cause pain just about anywhere on your body. Believe me when I say there are days when my eyebrows hurt. Hope you find some relief and as usual if you are really concerned consult with your doctor.

I just have a tender scalp. Always have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back