Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
01/2011
Country
US
State
KY
Over the past month I have lost half of my hair. I haven't colored it nor do I use heat on it or any products other than shampoo.

Just wanted to touch base to find out if this has happened to anyone else recently or in the past.

I've always had really thick hair. I haven't changed my diet or anything...only thing is I have been reallly stressed over what's happening in the world today.

Any comments would be so appreciated. 🌻

I’be also have been losing my hair. This time last year it was really thick, not so much now. The loss has slowed down a lot this year. Luckily I had really thick hair to start with. I don’t take any meds or have changed my diet. I put it down to another weird Fibro symptom.

Stress can cause hair loss in some people. Right now the whole world is in a state of crisis, so life is stressful. My guess is that is what caused it, although if you have a personal physician you can go to you may want to get blood work to rule out other causes.

True stress can cause hair loss...but would be a good idea for some bloodwork I agree..
Good luck

Have your doctor check your TSH and thyroid antibodies.

Apparently fibro can affect your thyroid levels. I had a bout last year and my TSH was rock bottom causing some of the symptoms. It only took 2 weeks to bring the levels back up.

TSH should be under 4.0. The HIGHER the TSH, the lower your thyroid function. It it is over 4.0, you are hypothyroid.

yes! Me too! was happening slowly but got worse this year. have to wear a hairpiece now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back