Not open for further replies.

twiztc

Diagnosis
08/2000
Country
CA
State
ON
Just wondering, has anyone experience minor hair loss?
A few years ago I noticed mine coming out more thank normal but I'd just gone through an extremely traumatic time in my life so shrugged it off, the problem seemed to sort itself out so I thought no more of it.
Just recently it seems to be happening again. I'm not going bald or anything but I'm noticing a lot more hair coming off my head when I shower and scattered on my pillow and I have really short hair compared to last time so it's bothering me that I should notice that much.
Any thoughts?

Just wondering, has anyone experience minor hair loss?
A few years ago I noticed mine coming out more thank normal but I'd just gone through an extremely traumatic time in my life so shrugged it off, the problem seemed to sort itself out so I thought no more of it.
Just recently it seems to be happening again. I'm not going bald or anything but I'm noticing a lot more hair coming off my head when I shower and scattered on my pillow and I have really short hair compared to last time so it's bothering me that I should notice that much.
Any thoughts?

twiztc I have Ulcerative Colitis, also an auto-immune disease. I struggle with hair loss myself. Mine is due to vitamins and minerals not being absorbed by my digestive system. I now go for shots weekly to improve my vitamin levels and to keep them stable.

The big thing with an auto-immune disease is that your body fights itself, and by just keeping you alive the minor systems like hair and nails tends to stand at the back of the row when it comes to support from your body.

Three other available reasons for your hair loss could be a reduced blood circulation to your scalp due to the FIBRO. An under active thyroid called hypothyroidism. Or it might be a side effect of your medication.

What helps for my hair loss is to use an anti-hair fall shampoo and a conditioner enriched with keratin and vitamin E.

If your hair fall is due to a decreased circulation, you can go for regular head massages, or if this is too costly, acquire an infra red brush that improves circulation. What also helps is brushing your hair a few times every day to ensure the circulation increases.

You should ask your doctor about the medication as well and let him test your thyroid function and thyroid hormone levels.

I hope this helps and gives you some possible reasons for your hair loss.

Last edited:
Yes I have hypothyroidism and recently had my meds checked so that's ok. I dint have much need to brush my hair coz it's so very short... like grade 4 on the clippers.
I'll just have to speak to hubby nicely and get him to give me some head massages... oooo lovely
Thanks for the input. It's bothering me enough to ask you guys but not so much to seek medical help just yet but if I start seeing propper bald spots that will soon change.
Either that or I'll just shave my head: )

What helps for my hair loss is to use an anti-hair fall shampoo and a conditioner enriched with keratin and vitamin E.

Can you tell me the name of this shampoo? I already have thin, baby fine hair. It's even more thin from hyperthyroidism (that's under control), but now it's been falling out enough that I need to regularly clean my shower drain!

No hair loss here thankfully... fibromyalgia is enough for me, if I lost my hair it'd be it, nice hair is all I've got going for myself sometimes lol :)

I also have hypothyrodism and my hair is incredibly fine. When you are shampooing your hair try really massaging your scalp. It really does stimulate hair growth. Any hair breakage defense shampoo would also be helpful. And make sure and pay special attention to conditioning the tips of your hair. I know you said you have short hair. But I don not know if you use any hair ties or barettes. Because if you do, they can cause your hair to break and become weak due to tugging and pulling. Also let your hair dry naturally. The blow dryer does great damage to hair as well.

I have just enough hair that I can gently pull it back, give it one light twist to keep it gathered and then put one of those clip-combs in it. They're easier on the hair than ponytail holders, for sure.

I have noticed it's less of an issue these past couple of weeks than it was. I'm also getting my blood sugar back under control so that may impact it also.

I remember something my dad had when I was younger. It was this little round disc with teeth on one side and finger holes (kind of like brass knuckles!) on the other side. It was apparently for scalp massaging while in the shower. I'd be worried that would pull my hair out though.

Oh. One of THESE, actually.

I do not know much about this disease yet, but I do know that I ave no experienced or seen anyone that has suffered from hair loss because of this disease.

cnfisher1 - it's apparently a common issue.
Hair Problems in Fibromyalgia

I currently have a whole patch of "short hair" from my left temple back several inches. Awhile back I was just losing my hair so fast that, as the article mentioned, I'd wash my hair and I'd just have my hands covered in hair. It was very, very disconcerting and I think it really played into my depression.

I haven't experienced any major hair loss. I just experience some grey hair coming in at an early age. Sometimes I feel like my hair may be thinning but then realize that it isn't. Some days I don't even want to brush my hair because I think it may fall out. So I will just try to style it with a messy look.

I am so happy I found this forum. I dont feel so alone and now I know all of my symptoms are not just in my head. My hair has started thinning and Im positive it is from the fibro, either that or its a side effect caused by the stress of having fibro. What do you think? Could my hair loss be caused by the stress or is it an actual side effect from this debilitating disease called Fibromyalgia. I wish I could put an end to all of this.

Stress and hypothyroid and medications can cause this. I thought I have had a bald spot the size of a quarter on the back of my head, but it was just at my crown. My mom experienced hair loss when she went through a stressful time in her life. She had bald spots all over her head and not all over thinning.

Proper washing and shampooing is more important when it comes to your hair care. Cleansing your hair removes dirt and other impurities on your scalp and helps in maintaining your tresses. But doing it daily may eventually damage your hair and lead to breakage. Washing your hair on daily basis may dry your scalp by taking away its natural oils and make your tresses more dull, brittle, and frizzy. Wash your hair twice or thrice a week with natural shampoos or any good herbal shampoos available in the market. It is also important to choose a shampoo that works best for your hair type.

There are different kinds of shampoos available in the market for different kinds of hair. But most of the shampoos also contain different chemicals in it, which might do much more harm to your tresses. You may always try products that do not contain sulfates or other chemicals that make the shampoo lather up. Herbal shampoos works best.

Oiling and massaging your scalp an hour before washing your hair may also help maintain your tresses at their best. You may apply the natural conditioners or herbal hair conditioners at least once a week before shampooing. Give your hair a conditioning treatment by applying herbal conditioner to your scalp, wrap your hair in a hot towel for about twenty minutes, and then wash it with lukewarm water. This makes your hair look shiny, manageable and gives more body to your hair.

There are different kinds of Herbal Hair Conditioners for different types of hair available in the market. choose one that suits best to your hair. Make sure to wash away the lather after shampooing and conditioning to prevent drying your scalp.

Blow dryers are the best convenient way to dry your hair, you think?! Yes, they are convenient but not the best way to dry your hair. Drying your hair using blow dryers regularly can only damage your tresses and make them look dry and frizzy. The best way to dry your hair is, letting it dry naturally. This may prevent your hair from looking dry and frizzy. So, how you are going to dry your hair naturally? Simple, after getting out of the bath, give your hair a quick pat down and squeeze it gently with your towel to remove excess water, then leave it to dry.

It is more fun when it comes to coloring your hair, isn't it? But it might only cause unexpected drawbacks later on. Make sure to dye your hair sparingly so you can preserve natural oils and avoid irritating the scalp. Avoid chemical dyes when it comes to hair colors. Always use natural hair dye like mehandhi or you can also use any good herbal hair dyes available in the market.

Losing 200-300 hairs per day is abnormal i guess ( normal is 100 hair or less ), especially since you've noticed a sudden increase in the amount. This may be an indication of your body responding to a stressful event, illness, hormonal imbalance or medication.

I was losing mine really bad to the point I was not even going out for others to see me. My dr. told me to start taking this supplement that cancer patients take after they have their treatments: AG-Pro. You can get it at Wal-Greens but you have to go in to the pharmacy and ask the people behind the counter where you get your prescriptions filled about it because they keep it back behind the counter. It worked for me and I have a good head of hair now. :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back