Not open for further replies.

Cutiegirl

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
06/2022
Country
CA
Finally had this done. Relieved that cadmium and lead levels are very low (I eat chocolate daily). Have an appointment this Thursday at 3 pm to learn what everything means and will post after. Curious about fibro connections to toxic metals. Is there a question I should be asking?

Hello, I think FM and Mast Cell Activation Syndrome share some charactrristics. MCAS might be a good thing to check out for info on toxic metals. I have no idea otherwise. Maybe @JayCS will be able to help.

Maybe @JayCS will be able to help.
Haven't tried it (yet), cos it's so controversial, and the lab procedures aren't well standardized (yet),
which offsets the argument that it may be more exact than blood and urine levels.
So for me it's like other vague things like bioresonance a pseudo-analysis that might point to something sensible, but I think works more thru intuition, the relationship the intensity of care etc.
As the basic forms don't seem too expensive doesn't sound harmful to our pockets.

From reading, no own experience, I'd say there are a few minerals that would normally be conspicuous in fibro, like calcium and magnesium, e.g. "Women with fibromyalgia have lower levels of calcium, magnesium, iron and manganese in hair mineral analysis" (Kim et al., 2011), so these could then be supplemented. Personally I'm wary about supplementing calcium, whilst magnesium is normal for us to try supplementing, which I do, altho I never notice much difference. And iron is normal to check via blood. A few people like the non-doc 'magnesium man' Morley Robbins however contend that it may be there, but may still not get where it needs to, so we need to use a good copper and retinol-vit. A to get it there. Manganese is interesting cos it's in one of the things my practitioner recommended, so I'll be adding that and getting the serum level checked next month.
I know some MCAS people on the alternative route like to do hair analysis, esp. done by specific labs, but I'm guessing the even higher variety of intolerances and symptoms in MCAS would mean you're just looking for what's deficient and what's too high.
So no, I don't think you need to ask anything specific, just go with the flow and hope it finds something that really helps. If it were me I'd compare any deficiencies with what the blood results for that are and then research for reasons for any discrepancy to try to get any obstacles resolved, too.

Haven't tried it (yet), cos it's so controversial, and the lab procedures aren't well standardized (yet),
which offsets the argument that it may be more exact than blood and urine levels.
On a perhaps related note: when I drug screened people we used the standard urinalysis ones except in one case where we required the parent to do a hair follicle test. The hair follicle test allegedly reflects 3 months of drug usage. Well, after that first hair follicle one I never recommended one again - it was not sensitive enough to detect all of the drugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back