Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
10/2008
Country
CA
State
New Brunswick
Hello,

I join this forum to try to help people as I have been lucky and worked hard and am 90% pain free, completely burning free, tension free and fatigue way better. I was diagnosed in 2008 after a virus. It took me 2 years to go through the depression and greiving process with fibro. (it was not my first problem). I had a lot of support monetarily and I took the time it took to get better. This took about a year to get the routine down because i didnt know what will work so i had to try things. I am glad to report that I can run again ! I am aso in second year nursing bachelor. This is not an easy job but I know I can do this. For all of you who may be thinking, Ohh she never had fibro because this cannot get better, I thought like you once and you are wrong.

Advertising one's self claiming cure all for fibro. Beware!

Last edited by a moderator:
I am very interested in knowing why 21 people has viewed tis and not asked for information. Seriously interested in knowing what people are doing right now to help them with fibromyalgia? and why so many people seem to just pass by potential reduction of pain ?

My thoughts exactly Camille. I think too many doctors have told them they just have to put up with the pain... And the idea of getting better doesn't exist.

With this mind set, they won't be improving.
People you can improve, you don't have to live in pain!

I would like to know what were some of the main reasons there was 90% improvement?

My thoughts exactly Camille. I think too many doctors have told them they just have to put up with the pain... And the idea of getting better doesn't exist.

With this mind set, they won't be improving.
People you can improve, you don't have to live in pain!

I would like to know what were some of the main reasons there was 90% improvement?
Rash comments to make since you have no way of knowing what is in ANYONE'S head.

It could be that many fibro folks have heard about "cures" before. It may be that fibro affects people differently. So, what did you do? One would think you could post that information in the first place.

Camille14,
In a long story, I am interested as I don't tolerate a lot of the available meds. so as I wrote this in another section under peoples hobbies, you tell me your secret. I am not one to give up, but lately I am starting to get the winter blues. Suppose to be getting a new job, but haven't heard back in 2 weeks from employer. I am using this time to hopefully find a miracle.

"first of all it is great to hear of all the hobbies everyone has. I have fibro and as mentioned before it started w/Vitamin D deficiency (the normal level is 30, I was at 13) and all of my back muscles were so weak, I could hardly do anything without my spine and neck getting out of align. Was going to spine MD 2-3 times a week. Now that my Vit D level is up, I have fibro. I have back aches and still at times have so much pain that I see my spine MD at least 2-3 times a month. He even has to give me acupuncture. I cannot lift anything over 4-5 pounds or it hurts with great pain. to grocery shop I cannot walk on the concrete floors for more than 10 minutes, so now I drive those carts and ask clerks to put the groceries in my car. I don't tolerate a lot of the drugs. How do you FMS friends do gardening and manual work with fibro? Is it the meds you are on that helps? I can't even wear a bra due to the nerves in my back hurt. I lost my job end of June and trying to get a new job, and am hoping for the best. I was in Construction Mgmt and had desk work and went on job sites, which meant walking around and going to meetings which could last up to 2 hours. We parted on mutual grounds. Reading a lot of your stories, I feel very disabled. I keep my mind moving either with TV or job searching and some reading and napping. I try to take a couple of short walks with my dogs at least 2x a day. It is getting cold now with winter approaching. I was bread winner and we are financially hurting. I get some meds to help sleep, it is the daytime I am vunerable. When I was working the pain got so bad, I ran to the doctors and my blood pressure was over 170. I never had high blood pressure, believe my body could not take the pain anymore. I now even have a frozen shoulder and personal hygiene is painful. Using a lot of Aleve and prescribed anti-flammable cream for my arm. My arm pain is waking me up now. the last couple of days I get so fatigue, I lay down but can't get that total deep sleep. Sorry to go on, but how are you people who do gardening and manual work do it? Thanks !

If you have found specific things that helped you by all means share.

anyways really happy for comments for everyone

First I wanna say that i wrote a huge thing twice to respond and it did not post and delete itself...... so this may be faster in parts and sloppier

Warner - i totally agreed with your comment. People are told by doctors that there is no cure and they also cant help much with managing the pain. This enters in people's minds and they resort to thinking they have to accept the pain and live with it for the rest of their lives. This dosent have to become a reality. You are your own biggest barrier to the road to recovery. What doctors do or say in the office is not the end, it is the beginnning of your journey to manage your illness. The medical-model is based on an acute setting and is not good at helping chronic conditions. This is in your hands. There is also the stigma attached to fibro that causes people with it to constantly reinforce to people how much pain they are in, and how horrible it is and that they have to live with this the rest of their lives, and to prove that it is real and also to make people understand, which is alright. This will however reinforce the fact that they are powerless, when they are not.

Loftpat - Yes people have heard of "cures" and I know everyone is different and I am not saying that they are not. As far as why I did not post everything last time was due to two reasons. One being that I did not want to write a lot at that time. Second, was that I knew no one would respond. This shows me what I already thought, which is that some people are dismissing very important imformation on the basis they do not think it is possible. They think oh my pain is worst, or she had a light case or she had something else. They are not realising that they is in fact a way to improve a lot of the symptoms for them as well, this jsut takes effort, time and dedication.

I will post my message later, school time 8). sry i lost 2 messages

Simply put, if you want to continue to live your life this way fine, but do not rationalize by saying your different and nothing will work for you. I used to do that as well so I understand that it is hard to get out of that, but learning to develop self-care management and trying hard is worth it in the end. Part of the point of my post was to see how many people are actually interested in going the distance and asking for advice or what I tried to be almost pain free. From the numbers now 800 plus people checked the post so people are interested in getting better, but most do not go the distance to find out more about a subject that should be very important to them I think.

What I did for myself is not as important as realizing that you have the potential to be here as well. Im sure with varying degrees of success, but if I said to you how would you fell with a minimal 20% less pain most of you would take it in a second, however, it does not come in the form of a pill unfortunately.

First I wanna talk about, the mind-body connection which is very important and I am sure you know this. If your mental health is bad or deteriorates pain will get worse and if your pain gets worse you mental health will go down. So an important step for everyone, including something I did, is to focus on reframing and getting to a better level of mental health. (many of us has issues). There are many ways to help the mind, but I dont need to go into that specific. I also went to a psychologist (need to be compatible to be effective), which helped me in many ways as well.

I had success with massage therapy for the constant knots that were forming in my back and neck, I also used a type of reiki treatment called La Trame in french, this therapy cuts my pain in half when I get the therapy, It lasts for 3 weeks in the begginign and now I am up to 2 months. This therapy also takes 3-4 session before really working, so dedication. (this is offered around where I live but I dont know how offered it isall over). It aslo does wonders for balancing your emotions. I also see a chiropractor, that uses a special machine that works on the spine. This released all of mmy tension over the course of a few treatments. I still go for 2 other manipulations. Before this I was taking 3 muscle relaxers per day and I stopped instantlty.

There are many other complimentary therapies that could be useful and you may not have access to my therapies or machines in my area, but the point is I went out there, found these in my community, tried them and it helped greatly. Same goes for anyone else.

Lastly, the most important is exercise ! This is diffficult to accomplish, for me anyways, I strated by walking a bit slowly, then increased speed and time till I speed walked an hour 6 times a week. My muscles got stronger slowly and this limited the potential dangers of hurting yourself badly (me I could hurt a body part very easily and it would take a long time to heal). I got more energy from this and in all it took me about 4 months to do. Then I switched to aerobic dancing, whic I did for an hour 3-5 times per week, (I like dancing and it keeps me working out),

So that is it for me, The process of adding stuff on was one at a time, and consisted of what worked for me. You feel a little better with each step you add. This overall took about 2 years to find my routine. I now roll out of bed with no pain or stiffness in the morning. I am able to regain my life and no longer feel helpless.

The only big downside to all of this. is health determinants such as income. You need inssurances or monetary help, and a lot of time. However, you can start with mental health by yourself and exercise. A good support system is great in all situations. So if you are on a leave or disability, I would say that you should strart working on some of your own ideas and try them to see. 8)

Great post Camille

The mind-body connection is probably the most vital in my own opinion.
Your not going to improve with an unhealthy state of mind. I found it hard to admit this at first, but once you do and you work on it... things start going your way. I believe that once your mind is in the right place then other things will start to full in place... such as finding the right practitioner, people, supplements ect that will aid you in your recovery.

I feel that this forum is great for emotional support... but does not have an aggressive positive approach that is needed for recovery. For instance, why couldn't I tick at box at the start of joining saying 'I had fibro but now I am better and want to help others'? And why isn't there a thread of success stories and helpful tips that will make you feel better?

I've noticed drugs are talked about a lot in this forum. But not so much about improving health of the mind and body.

I don't mind if I annoy people on this forum. Because a HUGE WAKE UP CALL IS NEEDED! YOU CAN GET BETTER, BUT YOU HAVE TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!

I have a Allergic reaction to mostly all medication for fibromyalgia:(MY SAGA BEGAN
After I took Luvox for OCD! Obsessing Compulsive Disorder. Then 10 day's after I start and stopped taking Luvox ! Since 2011 I have to deal with fibromyalgia..So many people call it Fibromyalgia IS IN U'R HEAD !Fibromyalgia is not a illness!

great post camille

the mind-body connection is probably the most vital in my own opinion.
Your not going to improve with an unhealthy state of mind. I found it hard to admit this at first, but once you do and you work on it... Things start going your way. I believe that once your mind is in the right place then other things will start to full in place... Such as finding the right practitioner, people, supplements ect that will aid you in your recovery.

I feel that this forum is great for emotional support... But does not have an aggressive positive approach that is needed for recovery. For instance, why couldn't i tick at box at the start of joining saying 'i had fibro but now i am better and want to help others'? And why isn't there a thread of success stories and helpful tips that will make you feel better?

I've noticed drugs are talked about a lot in this forum. But not so much about improving health of the mind and body.

I don't mind if i annoy people on this forum. Because a huge wake up call is needed! You can get better, but you have to do something about it!
amen. ! ��

camille14, thanks for coming out and saying what you can to share. You lost posts do to self-advertising and keeping secret about your so called cure. We welcome new ideas and things told that have helped you improve your life and feel better. Pep talks about alternative physical and mental treatments are welcome as long as nothing is being sold or links are not added that are against forum rules.

Warner, If you want to share your beliefs in treatments and how things are working out for you in regards to the mind and body, go for it, but as for your comment about annoying other members on this forum I highly suggest that you be supportive and keep your comments filled with kindness and upbeat encouragement in order to be helpful to other members. This forum is not tolerate of rudeness.

I hope everyone will take the time to read what others offer and help answer questions by telling us what has or has not worked for you. We are happy to have all of you and glad you found us and became a member of the forum. :)

Seems funny to me two out of the blue ppl come I here saying there same thing.i have no way of knowing if you both no each other,
Now I do get the mind body thing ,most of us do, I have a family I have to tell myself everyday I can do this.i can do that.and I do.
I'm also a spiritual medium,so I get that bit to.
But I can't shake the feeling you to are going to try selling some amazing book or something. I'd really love to be wrong. But the way you write is so like other ppl who start out fishing and trying to reel you in slowly.
It's easy to tell ppl with fibro u can cure yourself, I bet u wouldn't try it on ppl with Ms or lupus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back