MizzDeeDee

Distinguished member
Diagnosis
01/2009
Country
US
State
Va
Does anyone else seem to suffer more in the mornings as opposed to at night? It seems that I drag far more in the mornings and through out the day then at night. It seems that I'm in more pain at night, but more exhausted during the day.

Is this just me? I wonder if there are other factors at play with this besides fibro. I do have other health issues that could be contributing to this issue. I'm just curious if it's just me or not.

The mornings are always the worst. I wonder if it is because the blood wasn't flowing much during the night as we stay idle while sleeping. I feel a lot better after a series of stretches and a hot shower. I always feel much better at night. I really think it is because I've had time to move around and get my heart rate up, the blood flowing and a whole bunch of fresh air.

The mornings are always the worst. I wonder if it is because the blood wasn't flowing much during the night as we stay idle while sleeping. I feel a lot better after a series of stretches and a hot shower. I always feel much better at night. I really think it is because I've had time to move around and get my heart rate up, the blood flowing and a whole bunch of fresh air.

Okay, that makes sense. I have ADD too, and that will cause someone to have "brain fog" in the mornings. It's rather notorious for people to have difficulties waking up in the mornings, and to have issues getting to sleep at night. It's hard sometimes because one issue I have bleeds into the other, and it's hard to know what causes what sometimes.

I have also noticed, just recently, that I drag myself through the day and then around 5:00pm I seem to get a burst of energy that stays with me through the night. I am also ADD. I did change my meds a while back and have been blaming them. (Cymbalta @ night and Adderall during the day ... and even with the Adderall I just want to lay down and sleep during the day.) My pain is also worse at night.

It amazes me how very similar our (FM'ers) journeys are and yet how different too. Weird.

Okay, that makes sense. I have ADD too, and that will cause someone to have "brain fog" in the mornings. It's rather notorious for people to have difficulties waking up in the mornings, and to have issues getting to sleep at night. It's hard sometimes because one issue I have bleeds into the other, and it's hard to know what causes what sometimes.

ADD definitely causes the morning brain fog. I also have it. It is really hard to get the mental ball rolling in the mornings especially now that I do not consume caffeine. I gave up caffeine years ago and the first couple months were BRUTAL. I detested mornings so much without my caffeine. I've transitioned to decaf but it was very hard to do.

ADD definitely causes the morning brain fog. I also have it. It is really hard to get the mental ball rolling in the mornings especially now that I do not consume caffeine. I gave up caffeine years ago and the first couple months were BRUTAL. I detested mornings so much without my caffeine. I've transitioned to decaf but it was very hard to do.

I don't know how you live without caffeine. I take that back, I do. I had to stop the caffeine love-fest when I was pregnant with my daughter, but I'm dependent on it once again. If I'm really tired, I'll drink a cup of coffee or two so I can function. It's pure self-medication for me.

Interesting that I see two people on this thread who also have ADD. What are the odds? I was diagnosed when I was a young child, but back then they thought it went away when you became a teen or an adult. Now we know that isn't true. It sticks to you like glue.

I definitely notice that it's worse in the mornings. I notice it mostly in my lower back. I also notice that when I'm sleeping, I have to switch positions a lot more than the average person because my legs start to cramp up really bad and it runs up my side. It's definitely a hassle, but I'm just grateful that as the day goes on, it tends to ease up and get a bit better. Otherwise, I don't think I'd be able to deal!

I do, I feel so tired during the morning! I have such a hard time getting up, now not so much because I'm sleeping better and cutting my sugar and carb intake :) I still feel fatigued, but at least I get to do everything I have to do during the morning :) I feel my best during the night, I really dread the mornings :( Because that's when I feel stressed and anxious.

My mornings are really bad when I have pushed myself more than I should the previous day. All of my muscles hurt and my joints feel "shaky". My skin is sensitive and my arms feel weak.

The only thing I can do is sit in bed, because I hate lying down if not to sleep for the night, and doze while waiting to feel better.

My mornings are really bad when I have pushed myself more than I should the previous day. All of my muscles hurt and my joints feel "shaky". My skin is sensitive and my arms feel weak.

The only thing I can do is sit in bed, because I hate lying down if not to sleep for the night, and doze while waiting to feel better.

I'm so sorry! I've certainly been there before. Pushing yourself the day before definitely impacts you the next day!

Sometimes you just have to take a day to recuperate.

Mornings are usually worse for me due to a poor sleep on most nights. I can sleep for 4 hours or 10 hours and still wake up feeling like I've barely slept at all. It takes a cup of tea and some basic stretches before I start to feel like I can tackle the day. Though by the afternoon, I require a nap or at least some down time.

Have you tried taking melatonin pills? I've heard you need to start with 5 mg doses to start seeing results after a bit. Those pills helped me a bit with my insomnia, but the thing that is really helping me right now is my B complex. That's right! I no longer spend 2 or 3 hours rolling on the bed looking at the clock! If you haven't tried this, you should do it now.

Have you tried taking melatonin pills? I've heard you need to start with 5 mg doses to start seeing results after a bit. Those pills helped me a bit with my insomnia, but the thing that is really helping me right now is my B complex. That's right! I no longer spend 2 or 3 hours rolling on the bed looking at the clock! If you haven't tried this, you should do it now.

Vitamin B is quite a versatile vitamin, isn't it? Very well known for assisting with neurological issues. One of the first things I was prescribed, and it has a long history of success. I should start taking it again myself.

Excellent advice. :razz:

Most definitely. Morning are difficult for me even after obtaining 8-9 hours of sleep. You would think that I would awake rested and energized, but instead continue to struggle to get out of bed. Once I am up, I am usually OK, but getting there is, literally, a drag.

I drag both in the morning for about 2 hours or so after I wake up and then I hit a wall around 3:00 pm. Like btatro, I too have great difficulty getting up. And once I up it is slow going. I hate mornings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back