Has anyone been treated with antiviral drugs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrsFish

Reason
Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
03/2014
Country
US
State
ID
We have one office in my town that specializes in fibro and one thing they do is test for a bunch of viruses and give antivirAl drugs if you test positive, I thought that was interesting. I have to get a referral from my PC though.

Hey there! I'm guessing those who receive ''antivirals'' tested positive for Lyme disease? I don't know that much about Lyme disease, but I do know tat Lyme disease has symptoms that can be easily confused with fibro and vice versa. Never heard someone suffering from fibro alone was receiving antivirals to treat fibro. I could be wrong tho...

No. Are you sure they were antivirals? Are you also sure that you have been given those for your fibromyalgia? Because I am sure that it is not a legit treatment.

When I was first diagnosed with arthritis I was treated with Plaquenil. It was back in the early 90s and I don't recall Fibromyalgia being something thrown around all that much; however, it wouldn't have surprised me that Fibro was part of my illnesses.

Anyways, Plaquenil did nothing for me. I took it until it started causing problems with my eyes. The doctors figured I would have felt some great increase in pain but I didn't. They were surprised that it really wasn't working for me, even though I had told them that many times. They insisted it was a great drug and figured it was at least doing something.

However, different drugs work differently on different people. I'm all for giving something a try if it's going to help my quality of life. I'm not interested in living until 90 if my quality of life remains the same.

Anyways, they use Plaquenil for many auto-immune disease so I see no reason why it wouldn't be tried for Fibromyalgia.

I suppose there is no certain treatment for the disease, so trying this and that will fix that for all of us, I suppose.

Plaquenil is an anti-malaria drug. Used in RA and sometimes other autoimmune disease. It's not an anti-viral. Just making sure the posts are clear is all, mean no offense.

They're actually testing Plaquenil's antiviral effects on diseases like HIV with promising results.

There is a huge study going on right now about treating with antivirals because the Dr. says fibro patients are testing positive for herpes virus in the gut.

Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Fibro are based on viruses. I live in the Midwest but went to a clinic in California a few years back and had much blood work done. The dr. discovered the HHV-6 virus which many with Fibro, etc. have. I was given Imunovir and it did help but the problem was that it only helped for awhile. I read that can happen with some. But antivirals do make sense so if there is a better drug it is definitely worth trying.

I'm curious about this cause I had a strange mouth problem, kinda like gingivitis. When I was sick my gums would get inflammation, this began around the same time period that my fibro like symptoms began. My dentist gave me antiviral drugs as an "experiment" cause she didn't know what was going on and they kinda worked. But we never understood why. The affects seemed temporary though cause it would return. Are there any legit tests that can be requested by my Dr to follow up with this idea to see if there is any relation? I also noticed the antiviral drugs improved my energy like straight up wet dreams each time I began them. I know strange, lol I never told the dentist or doc.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back