Has anyone had experience with Ketamine treatments for fibromyalgia?

Artgirl

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
MI
Has anyone in this group had experience with ketamine treatments?

Good question. I haven’t been here for years because ads make site unreadable but happened to see your question. I haven’t yet but am getting desperate enough to consider ketamine or psilocybin for pain, am starting to research. Am on several opiates for excruciating pain but they are not good for long term IMO...dreadful sedation and side effects but only meds out of dozens to lower my pain.

Good question. I haven’t been here for years because ads make site unreadable but happened to see your question. I haven’t yet but am getting desperate enough to consider ketamine or psilocybin for pain, am starting to research. Am on several opiates for excruciating pain but they are not good for long term IMO...dreadful sedation and side effects but only meds out of dozens to lower my pain.
Hi there. I would just like to offer you some suggestions that may help you and that do not involve taking heavy duty pain medication that is addictive. Just in case it might help you.

I struggled for years to find a way to manage fibromyalgia effectively. I took drugs for about 3 years until I realized that is not the best way to go with something like fibromyalgia. Especially with opiates, you will always need to take more, and that road leads to addiction. Others have negative side effects
I saw doctors and tried several different drugs including opiates, which took some of the pain away, but ultimately I needed to take more....and more....and I was not going to go any further down that road, so I stopped that.

Ultimately, I realized that if I waited for the doctors to do something or offer me something that really helped me, I'd wait my whole life. Instead of that, I came to the conclusion that I had to do it myself. All the research and all the experimenting. And I also found that if I worked on doing what I could for myself, it refocused my energy away from feeling sorry for myself or being angry that this happened to me or at the doctors for having no solution, or being depressed that I felt helpless. Taking action is a good antidote.

So.....that's what I did and the fact is it changed my life for the better. A long period of research, experimentation and trial and error followed that led me in many different directions. Some were dead ends, and some were good ideas but didn't work for me, and other things did work and made my life easier.

These days, while I still have fibro, still have chronic pain, and still get laid low and even incapacitated with it at times, those times are less frequent and often the pain is less severe. Overall my life is better, and while I still cannot do what I used to be able to do I can do enough, if I manage things the best I can, to make my life livable and acceptable and enjoyable.

I put what I learned and a lot of tips, options, and things that I hope will be encouraging into a post. Check it out, and see if you can start trying something there. And if you have questions, feel free to ask!

and....P.S.....you might try using an ad blocker to see if that helps with the ads. :)

I am so sorry. Fibromyalgia is a terrible disease. I am wandering down the opiate path myself…very carefully. I hope you find relief. 🙏🏻♥️

Back