has anyone tried mindfulness meditation for the pain?

Status
Not open for further replies.

onward & upward

Reason
Other
Diagnosis
01/2005
Country
US
State
earth
So a couple a months ago I was outta my mind in pain (again), not wanting to take anymore aleve or pain meds and I found this great series on youtube for chronic pain

Do a web search on for Mindfullness Medication. Link Not Allowed.

It really helps take the edge off. I bought a different CD with guided mindfulness meditations and do my best to listen to it daily. Not the silver bullet that takes all the pain away, but it seems to help.

Has anyone else tried this technique?

Last edited by a moderator:
I find that meditation does help quite a bit when I can manage to calm down enough to do it. It's difficult to get to the point where my mind isn't racing but when I do, it helps a lot. I usually sit in an epsom salt bath and meditate, then even if I can't quite get my mind to calm down at least there is the benefit of the bath.

I know that links are not allowed, but if anyone is interested in a free 8 week on-line course on mindfulness based stress reduction (and hence pain reduction), private message me. The program runs parallel to the research based program designed by Jon Kabat-Zinn at Massachusetts Medical Center. While I meditate daily, I've been looking for something to boost my practice and hopefully my results. Getting to classes is a struggle and the cost is a bit over my budget. I was excited to find this. Disclaimer: I am getting nothing for promoting this except the satisfaction that maybe others will benefit from mindfulness meditation. I stumbled across it on the web and researched the practitioner. All legit. No snake oil and nothing to buy. How about that!

I'm tired of just throwing drugs at the symptoms of fibro. My daily meditation helps me move through the world; I hope a more focused practice will help even more. This is not an easy fix. It's a 8 week program with 30 minutes of daily practice. Starting week two tomorrow.

Last edited:
The pain clinic recommended a book tho I can't think who it's by right now. And Jon kabbat zinn mindful meditation. Can find on YouTube. I find very helpful. I mediate at least once a day.usually morning and night, helps stress which amps up fibro symptoms.
Ok just read previous post.... That sounds good.

So glad this information is getting out there. Been doing Jon Kabbit Zinn nightly (mindfulness meditation for pain, series 3)and have gotten another series by someone else that has some helpful meditation tricks..Still looking for my all time favorite. I cannot stress how much this technique has helped me..When having a bad day I will invest an hour's worth of the guided meditation to work on the pain loop that is firing off in the brain. It helps.

I also use mediation for my chronic pain. But I use it for many other things too (anxiety from my C-PTSD, MDD, for better concentration). The list continues as it can be useful for almost everything.

Meditation is a MUST....no negative side effects and it's free free free.... Just gotta DO IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back