Have any dietary changes helped ease your symptoms?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
05/2015
Country
US
State
IL
I'm wondering if a mostly plant based, minimally processed diet can help symptoms? I've also read about ginger, cayenne and tumeric being anti-inflammatory.

Have you tried anything that helps? Thank you

Yes! I've personally had luck with gluten free diet...I have weeks to go because it can take 8 weeks to get rid of. My pain level is much better already. I'm trying fodmap diet, it's not easy, but something in it is helping me. I added probiotics for overall gut health at the same time. Watch vitamin D levels as well. Those can be low. When I got mine corrected I had more energy but pain level stayed the same.

FYI some members out here have not had luck with gluten free eating....just a general disclosure. I was at the point that what did I have to lose? It was worth trying.

I've found that avoiding processed foods, added sugars and flour (in that order of importance) really helps me with chronic migraine and fibromyalgia pain.

The way I look at it, there are so many thousands of additives in highly processed foods, there is no way I can figure out which ones might be affecting me. So I cut them all out. My goal is to eat 80% homemade food, and I generally meet that goal. I also eat organic to cut down on chemical exposure.

I've tried cutting out gluten, but it didn't make a difference for me, maybe because I don't tend to eat a lot of gluten in my normal habits.

I have to be really careful how much sugar I eat. It seemed unfair at first, but now I like eating this way - everything else tastes better when I am not bombarding my poor taste buds with too much sweetness.

I eat Dairy, eggs and meat. I make sure I get them from healthy sources. I'm not naturally much of a meat eater, but I try to eat some concentrated protein each day.

I wish you the best finding a diet that works for you. Let us know what you find out :)

hello,

Find out what foods you are allergic to. there is a test your doctor can have done.

Remove these first. you will find much reduced pain!

Do more research on ginger, cayenne and tumeric being anti-inflammatory.

Good things in the body and bad things out of the body.(Detox).

Learn about your body.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back