Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
09/1993
Country
US
State
WI
I am feeling pretty bad today. It has been a long time since I have had such a down day. I am getting over pneumonia and it seems like it is taking forever! I had been on antibiotics for over 20 days because the first one they gave me did not work. I am taking probiotics to help keep my "good" bacteria. I have been resting, resting, resting, did I mention resting? I am doing everything I can to get better but I just feel so wiped out. My pneumonia is clearing up but I feel so drained of any energy.

Has anyone else dealt with this kind of situation? What have you done to help yourself?

Vellybean, I'm sorry you not feeling well. Big hugs!
I know how you feel when you say energy drained.
Mosty its your immune system trying to fight evething.
Its taking your energy to do this.

I would try a regular aspirin. Its like putting a little med pack in your body. Hang in there! Your body is doing what is should be. Did I mention get rest? Lol.

I'm sorry. Don't be surprised at the drained energy. Patience is the only thing extra to take with what you are already doing! ;-) cmetryme is right, the energy in your cells are exhausted from fighting this. (mitochondria-the energy part of the cell). I do find that "Clear Lung" helps me but don't think you can take it with inhalers. We love the stuff-works every time.

Lol thanks for your replies! I will continue to rest. UGH! I don't use an inhaler so I can try the clear lung stuff. I will take a baby aspirin too!

aww you go baby... im here for you! BTW get rest...lmao

Hi Vellybean,

so sorry to hear that you are not doing so good. I have had pneumonia a couple times and it took absolutely everything out of me. It will take some time to recover and the fibro on top of it definitly does not help the situation. I think the best thing you can do is just continue to get plenty of rest and don't push yourself too much. I just had the flu and then a cold back to back over the last six weeks. Hard to recover and leaves you with little energy for sure. Probiotics are great im glad you are taking them keep that up for sure! Also try drinking a protein shake once a day. I have heard that this is really helpful as well.

Thoughts and prayers out to you tonight. xo

Lynds

Hey Vellybean! I'm sorry you feel like poo....Yep, that's my high class word....I have had pneumonia before a couple of years ago and it literally wipes you out on a good day. For weeks I felt like poo. I couldn't hardly walk from the couch to the bathroom without feeling like noodle legs. I am now worse with my fibro issues and can't imagine having it now. I have been fighting a cold and sore throat off and on since December and it's draining. It sounds like you're doing what you can. Just be sure you are getting your nutrition. Maybe a protein shake like Lyndsey suggested, or vitamin water to sip on. Take care and I hope you feel better soon.....

I had the same problem in January. Got so sick I wanted to die and I was sick for so long. My husband got the same thing but he doesn't have fibro to contend with. Never want to be that sick again.

Thanks for your responses everyone! I am doing much better but also resting a lot still. I have been enjoying the sunshine that we have had this week!

wow velly, didnt i mention you need rest? lol

So glad you're feeling better!....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back