Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
02/2014
Country
US
State
HI
I posted a few years back about my experience with hyperbaric oxygen therapy. I should have given you guys an update after a year because that’s when I realized it was really helping with fibro pain and exhaustion. I no longer get fibro flares that last weeks to months if I get into a flare, it only lasts a day maybe two or three days, the latter had been only once or twice for the past two years. My pain in general has been a level of three out of 10. Pre-HBOT it was anywhere between 3 to 8 but most days a six. I now have more energy to do things that I wasn’t able to do before for example, pre-hyperbaric oxygen therapy I could only do one thing a day, such as grocery shopping or going to my sons parent teacher conference, or meeting up with a friend for lunch. now I can do couple of things a day without getting into a flare. I started painting and making jewelry and work part time (6hrs a week) at a gallery that showcases my art. Before HBOT many days I didn’t have enough energy to cook for myself.

After 20 sessions, three times a week in 2021 I am now back getting 20 additional sessions three times a week. I could tell that it was wearing off a little bit. I am two weeks in and I can already feel so much better .. I have so much more energy. this is not a cure, I definitely am not where i was pre-fibro but OMG I have a little bit of my life back and that is priceless. Ask me any questions I really want to share with you guys because this really is a game changer. use a hard shell do not waste your money on soft shell. do at least three sessions a week. doing only one session at a time here and there will not make a dent.

I have never heard of this. I will have to look it up. What can you tell us about what a session entails, time, downtime afterwards, discomfort, cost, etc.

Each session is about 1-1.5 hrs. You go in a small “tank”. Google it and you’ll see what they look like. Hard to describe in words. Your ears will have to equalize as the pressure goes up. You’re wearing an oxygen mask. Each session is anywhere between 100-200. No downtime afterwards except maybe feeling a little tired when you first start. When the body does the most healing it tends to get more tired. I don’t get tired anymore but I remember I was for my first set of sessions. No discomfort for me in the tank but I imagine folks who are claustrophobic or have issues with ears equalizing would find is uncomfortable. Lmk if any other questions

Hello dancing with fibro

Could you please share the cost of each treatment? Thanks!

I could look it up, but since I'm here I'll ask. Do you know if it is covered by Medicare?

I could look it up, but since I'm here I'll ask. Do you know if it is covered by Medicare?
Best to look it up. But I rather doubt it, although if your doctor can prove that they have tried everything else under the sun it's possible. Usually that kind of thing is only partially covered if at all, and only if referred by your doctor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back