head and jaw

Status
Not open for further replies.
I clench my teeth when my fybro is flaring up. My jaw will hurt and my scalp and the back of my neck will hurt. If it gets really bad during the day, I will use a mouth guard to cushion my gums and jaw. It does help and so does sucking on small pieces of ice to numb the pain.

Last week in the early hours of the morning I woke with left sided jaw pain. It was awful. My face was very tender to touch along my upper jaw line and the pain lasted a few days. At first I thought it was reaction to covid vaccination as I had mine high on the top of my shoulder and later that night my neck felt tender running from there up the side of my face but doctor said no. Think maybe it triggered it somewhere along the line. It was very painful enough to make me cry but not through grinding my teeth.

My scalp is constantly sore and tender and much worse when I have flares. This might sound weird but if I am at home and not going anywhere I will rub arthritis cream or extra strength OraJel on it and it really helps. It also helps when I get bad Fibro headaches. I know it sounds weird but if it works for me and if it causes no harm to you I would try it.

My scalp and neck hurt too. i thought it was something unrelated to the FM but now i realize that this is ANOTHER symptom :-/
so, Alta, you put arthritis cream on your head? and it works?

I get TMJ, and tender points behind the ears? Tingles on my scalp also.

An arnica complex cream ('Traumeel') sometimes helps my tendons and muscles, so I've started to use it on the tendons of my elbows, wrists, fingers and top of my neck more, plus jaw, often at night. Helps the elbows, hoping it'll improve the rest, but got my dratted tooth ache starting again, better again now.
(Hoping it's not another root inflammation, my dentist hopes it's an invisible canker sore, the mouth guard he's now given me for night and day helped sometimes when my jaw is taut (no clenching, no grinding), but a week ago I got bad tooth ache at night, took the mouth guard out, and since then it was mostly better, until... *sigh*/*confused* - so not wearing it any more and it's OK.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back