Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
05/2013
Country
US
State
NY
I get most of my pain in neck, shoulder blades, base of skull...real tender there.
So of course I get horrendous headaches too.

was wondering if anyone else does and what do you do for it.

welcome to the forum. please do a search on migraines for some good advise on this. try finding your triggers and avoid them this will reduce your pain.
hang in there. we are listening to you.

Hi Lainey,

I know this is an old post but i am just reading it and wanted to share with you. I have horrible migraines that I deal with on a daily basis, it never goes away only reduces in severity some days. I have been dealing with this for about two years now. The issue is still being looked into by my neurologist I have had two MRIs that showed like 20 brain lesions. I have been told they are likely caused by the chronic headaches, but it is not directly linked to the fibro from what I understand. I completley know how horrible this is and I am sorry to hear you are having this problem. It really is difficult to cope with especially with all the other fibro symptoms.

Anyways, I have been on like 10 different meds to try to control the migraines without success, and now I am on pain killers only for the pain. I take oxycodone which takes the edge off but even this does not completely take it away of course it only supresses the problem. I am sorry that I don't have advice. I am still searching for a better solution than pain meds. Just wanted to let you know I am dealing with this as well if you need a friend to talk to.

Keep pushing to be your own advocate and keep praying for answers. I am trying to do the same. Some days feel impossible and unbearable. If you find anything that helps let me know. I am desperate also. "( Sometimes I go to the hospital when it is really bad and they give me an IV with a steroid of some sort to reduce the swelling I guess and a pain med. Not sure if yours are this bad, but if they are this reduces it a little bit.

thoughts and prayers with you tonight. Hopefully you still get this post cause it was an older one!

Lynds

I don't read that the poster is talking about migraines....I've never had one. And get no more headaches...all my headaches in my early life were sinus related headaches, as I remember.

Google: headaches and grape seed extract or headaches and pycnogenol

I've been on these two OPC's for going on 20 yrs.... these two could help migraines as well...

I was indeed not referring to migraines. Although I have a hx of having classic migraines, these headaches are not that.

When I was working full time, I used to get horrible headaches with pain in the same areas. My primary sent me to a neurologist and we determined that most of the headaches and pain were a combination of tensing up in response to overall fibro pain and poor posture/ergonomics at my desk. I saw a physical therapist to learn some exercises for stretching and relaxing the muscles in that area and was prescribed Baclofen, which treats muscle pain, stiffness, and spasms. I didn't have to take the medication once I got better at the exercises, paid more attention to my posture, and took more frequent breaks to stretch. A warm rice bag on the area also helped. You might ask your doc if this is a possibility.

I have been suffering with this for about ac month now. Base of skull and neck pressure tightness and pain. Ear pain and burning and terrible headaches. It has me terribly depressed.

I have been suffering with this for about ac month now. Base of skull and neck pressure tightness and pain. Ear pain and burning and terrible headaches. It has me terribly depressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back