Headaches and Dizziness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vikijayne1993

I was diagnosed with Fibro and ME in July after almost 4 years of tests. I'm fairly up-to-speed with symptoms etc. but I've been feeling poorly the last week or so and not sure if it's related so wanted to see if anyone else experiences it.

I've been getting weird headaches at random times that comes with dizziness, light headedness, nausea, blurred vision etc. I'm Covid negative, my blood pressure is fine, and have an eye test booked next week in case it's my glasses.

It doesn't matter if I move sharply or if I'm sitting or laying or standing or eyes open or shut, it just suddenly goes all funny.

Does anyone experience this with their fibro/ME and have any tips on how to deal with it? It's only been a week but it's driving me mad already.

Thanks.
Viki

Hi Viki,

Welcome here! We were just talking about dizziness the other day, and quite a lot of people with fibro experience nausea and headaches. Orthostatic intolerance is common with fibro, but that tends to happen mostly when people are upright. Blurry eyes can be caused by eye dryness, which is another common symptom - is that possibly something you're experiencing?

The first thing that popped into my mind reading your post was actually a medication side effect - are you taking anything that might have started to disagree with you, or have you recently started something new? The last thing I'd ask is have you got anything stressful going on, or has your routine recently been impacted by anything? Learning to identify and monitor our triggers can be incredibly valuable, and they can be all sorts of things! I found keeping a little notation diary helpful, so I could track what was going on in my life and how I was feeling to pinpoint patterns.

I hope you will find relief soon!

Thank you very much Jemima. I did think it might be down to some new antidepressants I'm taking, because the symptoms started quickly, but I stopped taking them quickly as they didn't agree with me so thought if it was those then they'd be out my system by now. I've got a GP appointment later today to discuss it. The diary idea is good. I used to do a symptom diary but I found it a bit depressing but I think I'll start it up again and monitor any triggers.

Hmm, I'd say that a reaction to a medication can take a while to dissipate, so I imagine it could still be that.

For the diary, try to record good things too! Aside from the unwelcome stuff, record whenever something positive happens (no matter how small), when your mood/energy is up as well as down, and so on. Highlighting all the good little things each day can be a powerful stress reliever, so that might have a pleasant knock-on effect!

Good luck with the doctor - I hope you get to the bottom of things or at least find peace of mind.

Yes I get a lot of it, nausea subsided a few weeks ago but the dizziness, off balance feeling and headaches are a regular occurrence with me (and I think some of the other fibro sufferers too) I was also tested negative on Saturday for covid (I think it was just tummy flu) I also hope your appointment goes well and you get the help you need and deserve for it 🥚🐣🐥

Thank you all. I was actually diagnosed with an inner ear infection. But it's good to know it's not unusual to get these symptoms with fibro and whatnot, so I'll definitely keep an eye out for future issues. X

Thank you all. I was actually diagnosed with an inner ear infection. But it's good to know it's not unusual to get these symptoms with fibro and whatnot, so I'll definitely keep an eye out for future issues. X

Hi Viki,

That's great! A nice simple thing to treat - I'm so pleased for you 😊 Feel better soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back