Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
TX
Some of the worst, most annoying pain I have is during the Spring. I get terrible headaches when stormy weather hits. Friday, we had some pretty bad tornado weather and I thought my head was going to explode. The pain gets so bad, I actually end up throwing up and nothing will take it away. These don't feel like migraines, though. My knee also acts up during this type of weather. Does anyone else get headaches during or before stormy weather? I've read that it has something to do with the air pressure. The best thing I can do is be proactive and take headache medicine if the weather calls for bad storms. I've also found that those hot/cold face masks tend to help a lot if I didn't get to take any headache medicine.

What do you guys do for headaches and weather pains?

Barometric pressure greatly increases my fatigue, and storms mellow me out too much. When my arthritis was bad, the pain would get unbearable during storms. But my doctor taught me that these are all symptoms of inflammation. Diet, suppliments, and treatments made my inflammation go away. Diet is the most effective. Try going totally organic and sugar, grain, dairy, and alcohol free for a month and see if you improve. All these things cause inflammation. If this is too strict, try going sugar, gluten, and dairy free. If that helps, work up to cutting everything else out for further help. I eat only meat, veggies, and certain nuts and I don't have arthritis issues anymore. Storms only affect my fatigue now.

In the mean time, try a detox bath for your headaches: Braggs apple cider vinegar, epsom salt, and if you can, add kelp powder. Also drink chammomile tea with a lemon slice. Skullcap and valerian root suppliments to calm your nerves (will put you to sleep.)

Wow, that detox bath sounds wonderful! I already follow a pretty strict diet (diabetic, here) but I have been thinking that maybe gluten free is the way to go. I'm starting to think that gluten is just as poisonous as sugar. I've heard that gluten is pretty bad on the body and that the body doesn't actually break it down. Thanks for the detox recommendation. It sounds like that would be an awesome thing for me to do, especially with these storms that have been coming here lately!

Barometric pressure is most likely the cause of these headaches. When I lived in Florida, and the different hurricanes passed close by our home, Andrew, was the worst I had terrible headaches and trouble breathing. I suppose tornado's could cause the same effects, plus the added stress wondering where it is headed and praying it will miss you.

Things I did that worked for me was cool or cold wet cloths applied to the forehead and neck. It seemed to calm me and help me breathe easier.
I hope your safe and feeling better now. :)

It's so strange how these thing affect us. Personally rain and lightning make my symptoms improve quite significantly. Although I seem to have a thing with humidity that is alleviated as soon as a storm hits. Different things for different people I guess. I think your situation is a lot more common than mine though.

Absolutely agree with the barometric pressure thoughts. Not just for headaches either... when it drops under a certain level, it makes me dizzy/lightheaded. I think it has something to do with inner ear in my case.

I have heard that it's one of the major triggers for migraines... every day should be bright and sunny!

We are having tornado weather again here. I've tried to limit my caffeine intake today and I've slept through a lot of today. Not consuming as much caffeine actually seems to have helped a bit. I didn't take any headache medicine and I should have because I am starting to get that little headache since the wind is picking up. I know trying to figure out what works best is really trial and error so I'm just going to keep trying! I'm really thinking that a shower might help the headache. I was proactive and put my head compress in the freezer so at least I have that! It's crazy how weather can have such a huge impact on how you feel. As much as I love the look of storms, they really can mess up my head and bones, lol.

Changes in Barometric pressure can give me headaches and sometimes sinus pain. I use a squirt of Afrin nasal spray in each nostril
and take a pain med. I also keep a cool compress in my freezer and use that across my eyes and forehead also a nice soak in a warm
bath with Epsom salts. Headaches stink!

Ugh, no kidding! I have been getting headaches around the evening for the past week or so. I'm really starting to think it's all allergy related so I may try taking an allergy pill in the morning to see if that helps prevent them. I love my cool compress! I put it over my eyes and it's almost like it draws the headache out. I've wondered if topical pain cream would help. Tylenol used to have topical pain medicine but I haven't seen it anywhere for a couple of years. I've never tried Head On because I really don't know if that type of stuff actually works. CVS sells these cooling headache gels that you stick to your head when you get a headache. One time I had a terrible migraine and my husband bought me a pack of them. They actually work pretty well but they aren't as good as frozen compresses.

Barometric pressure murders all my fibro symptoms in addition to triggering my migraines. It's miserable. I've found that there is almost no relief for it except sleeping it off. I haven't found anything that works for it except taking pain medication and sleeping as much as possible because if I'm asleep I'm not hurting.

I suffer from migraines. It seems that when there is either thunder storms or a bad snow storm, I end up with a bad headache. My head pounds even worse if I already have a headache and then a storm strikes.

My sister always tells me that she knows when there will be a storm due to the fact her joints hurt, or she feels a headache coming on. Bad weather does tend to trigger ill feelings in people. Some people just feel sleeping all day from dreary weather. Bad weather just tends to promote feelings of ill health in many people, and, especially those people that suffer from joint pain, or headache pain.

I also noticed that when it is raining outside, or if the humidity is too high then I really feel fatigue. Also on rainy days, I feel my muscles and joints feel swollen. My knees ache more. Then its more difficult to walk up and down the stairs.

Many of my symptoms are worse during storms. Yes, I believe it has to do with the pressure. I suffer severe migraines as well. And I can always be guaranteed a bad one when there is a storm. This happens with snow storms for me too, not just spring/summer rain or thunder storms.

Some of the worst, most annoying pain I have is during the Spring. I get terrible headaches when stormy weather hits. Friday, we had some pretty bad tornado weather and I thought my head was going to explode. The pain gets so bad, I actually end up throwing up and nothing will take it away. These don't feel like migraines, though. My knee also acts up during this type of weather. Does anyone else get headaches during or before stormy weather? I've read that it has something to do with the air pressure. The best thing I can do is be proactive and take headache medicine if the weather calls for bad storms. I've also found that those hot/cold face masks tend to help a lot if I didn't get to take any headache medicine.

What do you guys do for headaches and weather pains?

I have the same experience, but for me it's during summer when the weather is way too hot. I also often experience more pain at the very start of the season. I think it's my body's way of adjusting. I would usually be sick at least for the first 2 weeks and then i would have the same episode over in the next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back