Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
08/2016
Country
US
State
MA
I recently had a viral infection which lead to swollen glands behind my ear which has never been an issue with me before. I must have gotten something else idk but I’ve had really bad joint pain, temple headaches, neck, jaw, back pain. The swelling has gone down but I’ve been left with this jaw and headaches since then. I also had a lot of excess salvation recently I’m guessing due to the glad swelling. Something I usually have no problems with. It’s made my teeth and jaw feel achey. I’ve had some slight jaw issues in the past since being diagnosed but nothing like this. I’m familiar with TMJ, so I’m aware of that possibility.

What I’m worried about is I know I have tooth in the back that has be to pulled (had my wisdom teeth pulled like 11 years ago) way before my diagnosis. A few fillings and a small chip in another front tooth. I’m really concerned about having to have something done while having this jaw/head pain. I’ve been stuck in a bad flair with a few other issues recently.

Honestly I’m scared of the pain and what this could do to me, I know it’s an necessary issue. I’ve had traumatic issues with dentist since I was a kid so that certainly doesn’t help. Anyone have any advice?

Go to the dentist. Get it all taken care of. If you don't it will only get worse, hurt more, cost more and take longer, as you know.

I definitely second going. I'm there every two weeks at the moment and it does flare the fibro up for a few days, but I'm going easy on myself, before and after. But after getting two root inflammations done, one by getting the wisdom tooth out I was all the better for it, and I was surprised it didn't hurt much. (I try using autogenic training and self-hypnosis in the chair and after.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back