Not open for further replies.

Pricey

Reason
Other
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
UK
hi folk. just joined the group been diagnosed with fms 3 montg ago. I have pain around the heart area with swelling in my tummy. Is this normal? Any advice would be grateful guys. Cheers

Hello, sorry you have fm, but. Welcome, usually with fm chest pain can just be pannick attack pain but if in doubt see you doctor.
Fm induces depression (that can be overcome) stress, fatigue, pain, numbness, sleep deprevation. At its worst, you can have all sorts of pain. But gradually you can learn to ignore it and accept it. Taking stronger and stronger pain killers is not good. You will end up with all the side effects from the pain killers, and even become dependant on them.
Tramadol was my pain relief and in the end after 5 years i had so many things going on i decided to stop. Just from my strong willpower i stopped that day. And slowly my side effects disappeared. Though i still carry some ixprim (paracetamol-tramadol) in case of really bad pain then i can calm it down.
If your pain restricts your breathing see your doctor again..
O

Hello, sorry you have fm, but. Welcome, usually with fm chest pain can just be pannick attack pain but if in doubt see you doctor.
Fm induces depression (that can be overcome) stress, fatigue, pain, numbness, sleep deprevation. At its worst, you can have all sorts of pain. But gradually you can learn to ignore it and accept it. Taking stronger and stronger pain killers is not good. You will end up with all the side effects from the pain killers, and even become dependant on them.
Tramadol was my pain relief and in the end after 5 years i had so many things going on i decided to stop. Just from my strong willpower i stopped that day. And slowly my side effects disappeared. Though i still carry some ixprim (paracetamol-tramadol) in case of really bad pain then i can calm it down.
If your pain restricts your breathing see your doctor again..
O

Thanks for your reply. I have no problems with my breathing as yet. Just pain all over and my IBS is much worse now. Unfortunately I've more chance of winning the lottery than getting to see a doctor at the moment so thanks for the advice. 😁

hi folk. just joined the group been diagnosed with fms 3 montg ago. I have pain around the heart area with swelling in my tummy. Is this normal? Any advice would be grateful guys. Cheers
Good morning form Australia,
I've had that once the Dr said it sounded like a allergic reaction. 7 hours before the attack I had 4 slices of a pizza, I had not had that amount of gluten and yeast for 2 years. Due to a combination of stress and the reaction to the gluten it felt like a panic attack, I also had a bloated tummy the next day with some pains that I normally use to get when I ate too much bread. It maybe possible that your body like mine has become intolerant to a range of foods. I found keeping a food diary and practising food elimination helped in identifying my Fibro triggers. It turns out certain sugars (FODMAPS - for me it is dairy, gluten, and pure sugars), nightshades and beef are triggers. I hope this gives you some ideas for your self investigation of your food intolerance journey.

Hi. Thanks for your reply all the way from Australia. I think u could be right about the reaction from food . Bread may be the bad and alcohol! I will experiment more and let you know the outcome. Cheers

Just want to say I second things that two people have said above.
1) Stay away from heavy pain killers especially any that are opiate.
2) Try going gluten free for a month, try lowering sugar for a month, etc. Only try one at a time. And you have to be very diligent about it. Read labels obsessively because wheat, rye or barley can be in anything, even things you would swear would not have that in it! And sugar.....well, that's in just about everything that comes in a package of any kind.

If you are going to experiment (which I recommend), do only one thing at a time and give it a month before you decide it is not working. this is a slow process, but if you keep with it you will find what works and doesn't work for you.
Best of luck

I think it's generally an issue with different types of sugars. I also found certain types caused more issues than others, dairy and gluten.

Also, anything that causes a detox loading on the body like chemicals used in cleaning products. For example, bleach.

Also, any strong medications seem to result in a flare-up.

I had a genetic test, which may or may not be a causal factor for you. The results of the test showed that I have poor detoxing and this factor alone increases flare-ups from toxins and alcohol. It's worth getting all your genetic data so you know clearly what you can and can't get away with.

Gentle exercise which helps your lymphatic system pump out toxins is always beneficial to expedite the reduction of fibro flare-ups. Other light activities could include yoga, swimming, and walking.

I hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back