Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
01/2015
Country
US
State
Missouri
I'm 28 years old and I was diagnosed with Fibro in January of this year.

I guess, for me, I really started noticing the pain around the age of 14. I was always a really active kid with sports and whatnot so I always thought that the pain was normal, until one morning I woke up and I couldn't walk. And then my shoulders would hurt. .Just this thrum of pain all the time that went down my arms and in to my fingers, making my hands shake and tingle.
So my parents took me to the hospital and they did Cat Scans and MRI's and blood tests and couldn't find anything wrong so they dropped it. And eventually everyone stopped believing me and I was alone. Every time I'd have a flare up where I couldn't walk or was so weak I had to crawl and I'd drop things because I couldn't get my fingers to grip anything, I'd go to the hospital. And every time they told me that it was probably just a muscle tear and they'd give me steroids and pain killers. None of it ever helped, so over the years I'd stopped going and stopped telling people I was hurting.

I have headaches every day and migraines a few times a week, my skin sometimes really hurts when touched by anything, even cloth. My back, shoulders and my neck kill me, I have constant tingling in my fingers and my toes. Pain shoots through my feet every time I take a step and I'm always spacing out. My hands hurt and they shake and I am beyond tired all the time but I never sleep well.

Then finally, I couldn't raise my arms at work so I went to yet another doctor because I was desperate and was told that there was something worse going on and that I needed to find a new primary physician. So I did and within a week of that appointment I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, IBS and severe depression and anxiety.

14 years and I finally have an answer and I thought that receiving an answer would at least give me hope but it doesn't.

So. . I'm joining this support group and forum because I really need to know that there are others that feel the way I do, not that I would wish this on anyone but. . for once it would be good to know that I'm not alone in the pain and that others know what it's like and how hard it is to force yourself out of bed every day to go to work.

Thank you for your time and I'm so sorry that this is as depressing of a post as it is. I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you and working together with you to cope.

Thank you again,
Aildhe

Aildhe. welcome to our group. we all understand you here. we are all willing to talk to you anytime you need.
try to vent here it helps. learn all you can and document all you can. i look forward to your posts in the future.
feel free to friend me and msg me as well.

Aildhe,
Hello and welcome to the forum. I am sorry that you too are having that ongoing problem of the fact not many people believe you are ill. That seems to be the standard answer or reply we get from people who do not have fibro, or are not ill at all, or sadly from people who have a well documented illness that everyone knows about. Who ever is putting you down is not anyone you want to spend much time with. The constant attacks can cause serious mental health issues like low self-esteem, as well as, major depression. If you get a chance do a web search for a treatment called EMDR. Look for a therapist who is trained and certified, in this treatment. I had it done to resolve my personal issues with family and friends who decided I was just lazy and did not want to work, and for myself as I was having a hard time adjusting to not being able to work.

We are all very supportive here of one another and hope you will come often and ask questions, as well as, post your thoughts around the forum in the many different topics. Glad you found us. :)

Thank you both and it's a pleasure.

I probably should look in to getting a therapist but it's an extra cost that I'm not sure my insurance will cover. I've been off anti depressants for these last few weeks because my insurance company won't pay for it anymore, after I've only been on it for a month.

And yeah. . I know how you feel about working. I've been working full time with the fibro since I got my first job 9 years ago. It's excruciating and I've had to call out several times because it's just not possible. And the more I work, and I'm sure the more you work, the more pain we're in.
If only it were easier for those of us with severe cases to go on disability.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aildhe, sometimes after a month my insurance wants to delivery the meds the house. or they wont cover that med but will cover another one just like it.
please try to give them a call as you need some type of med. i'm so sorry you have to go through this with us. i understand it all.
i over did it yesterday because i had a very good day pain wise. i was foolish and i washed my truck as i could not stand to look at a coffee spill on my seat any longer. i rested after the wash. i was fine until 7pm and my pain level shot through the roof. its much like working im sure.
may you have some good low pain work days ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back