Not open for further replies.

Restless13

Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
North Carolina
Not sure where to start. My name is Jenn. Still in the process in trying to find out what all is wrong with me. A few years ago I had a stroke.....which for whatever reason triggered a couple autoimmune responses. Pernicious anemia and Hashimotos Thyroiditis. Before all of that I worked 12-16 hours a day to keep me and my kids afloat. I went from being able to sleep 6 to 7 hours...sometimes less a night to sleeping insanely long hours and feeling like utter crap. My back had been hurting off and on for years, neck and shoulders, to trying to make it through out the day without crying because of pain. My legs burn, tingle, almost feel like they are on fire something fierce to the point I can't stand for anything to touch them. They feel weak and sometimes give out on me. And at times my whole body feels like that. Like my skin is just on fire. My joints hurt and throb....I can't always think straight....mix up my words...loose all train of thought....not sure if that is from the stroke or if its from something else.....Sometimes I get lost driving...or even forget how to do simple text...its like I know.....but its not there to grasp. On the rare occasions I have a good day....I find that I tend to do too much and pay for it for almost a week after. It depresses me because i can barely remember what it is like to live a week with peace...no pain... I have been to numerous doctors that just look at me like I am crazy...or just toss their hands up and say they don't know.....What do I do....where do I turn? I have had all sorts of test over the past 4 years and that is how the pernicious anemia came up and the Hashimotos did....Do I need to just ask my primary doctor to send me to a Rheumatoid doctor next? In hopes I could possibly get some answers to my misery?

Any help would be great. So glad I found this place. Btw, I am a 35 yr old woman.

Restless13,
My heart goes out to you for what you have been through and now with trying to find out more about your condition. Many times there are delayed reactions that show up later after having a stroke, which could account for some of your problems. But I wonder what kinds of medications your on and how high of dosages? Sometimes the meds we take to control other conditions can have bad side effects. It might be a good idea to ask your primary doctor about sending you to a rhematologist just to ease your mind.

Often times when we are overly stressed or depressed, forgetfulness can set in. I know that before I was diagnosised with fibro my life was a merry-go-round of doctors that either said I was imagining the whole thing or suggested I had serious diseases just to make money off of me doing expenive tests. If you feel there is more to your condition than what you already have and feel it would ease your mind seeing another doctor then maybe you should go.

In the mean time read over the posts in this forum and maybe you will find some new ways to relax and relieve stress, and treat your symptoms naturally. Post more questions if you want to and answer posts that appeal to you. I am glad you found this forum if for no other reason because we can provide support and a place to moan and groan, and vent when your days are not going well. There are fun topics as well in the off-topic section. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back