Not open for further replies.

Sbuss

Diagnosis
04/2013
Country
US
State
Wisconsin
I am a 28 year old female from Wisconsin. I am going through the process of being diagnosed with Fibro. I joined the forum so that I can talk through my experiences with those who also are dealing with the same struggles. I find it is hard to talk to others without feeling that they think I'm a hypochondriac. I hope to gain a lot of insight and maybe meet some forever friends that can go through this journey with me. I look forward to talking to you all!

in that case welcome to the hypochondriacs forum!
theres plenty to read through around these parts from a collection of good sorts.
Grab yer reading glasses and start plowing through.

Hi there Im new too! Hope we both find what we are looking for from this forum. I've been diagnosed for 12 years and to this day, although my family knows my pain...because I don't look differently when I hurt ..... They just don't remember. Sometimes, I wish pain was shown with a rash or something.

Sbuss,
Welcome to the forum. We are all kind of crazy here in regards to trying to get family and friends to understand that fibro is real and not some made up excuse not to work harder. This forum really helps on the days when you are suddenly wondering if that next big symptom is something to worry about or a simple short flare. We try to answer the questions as best we can, based on our own experiences. There is no right or wrong answer or question here. So please join in and ask questions and give answers. what you know may help someone else cope with something their going through. Make yourself at home.

Also you mentioned in another thread about how your hands and wrists bother you when your off the computer at night. Try going to the local pharmacy or a walmart and get two,(Right & Left) hand web fabric splints. These are made of fabric with velcro straps. You put your thumb through the hole and wrap the rest around your wrists. The velcro lets you make the adjustment so it is not too tight. Anyways wear them at night when you go to sleep and they help relax those muscles so that the tingling and numbness stops. When it does wear them when needed. They do feel odd at first but they helped make my forearms and hands feel much better after about a week. Let us know if it works for you. :)

Thank you so much for the advise!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back