Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
04/2008
Country
US
State
TX
Hello. I'm new to this forum but unfortunately not to Fibromyalgia & CFS. I have also had spinal fusion and TMJ replacement on both sides. I have had this since 2010. Most recently I have been diagnosed with thinning bones. I was on a daily infection for that (Forteo) it made my fibro flare and I was not able to tolerate it for the full 12 months. So I stopped it after 3 months and had a Reclast infusion instead. Since the Reclast I have hip, thigh pain and swollen lymph nodes and sore throat. Does anyone have any experience with these bone medications that has fibo too?

Hi, I am also brand spanking new here and I cannot tell you how angry I am to be here. Although my anger, of course, has nothing to do with any of you!, I am passing thru denial and starting to get angry. But along the way I would like to educate myself and also learn from others. This hurts!

I have had multiple sclerosis for more than two decades. A couple of years ago I was diagnosed with RA and possible SS. While I was still getting my head and meds straightened out on the RA front my primary reminded me that he also believed I have fibro! I did not recall that conversation but it was a wild two years and I believe him. Maybe I just couldn't process it at the time. Not sure. But I am ready to understand how to manage this now and so I have been reading and am reaching out to you!

Still in a bit of shock. ��

WElcome to you both I wish it was a normal chat forum and not one we turn to because we are struggling to cope with illness.

I have not heard of infection treatment for thinning bones. Do you mean osteoperosis? It sounds tough along with fibro.

Jobbigley.... Gosh how do they know you have fibro when MS has so many of the same symptoms...pain.numbness fatigue?

I always though if you had MS and RA that would account for just about every type of pain and weakness and symptom such as bladder /bowel/speech/vision etc problems.

I understand your anger. My fibro has taken a dive and my life is pretty intolerable for a while now and i have regressed from acceptance for the last 6 years to shock despair and anger.

I was never an angry person but this illness and the pain sends you half crazy.

There are lots of nice people here with advice...many doing better than me and i was doing good for years with bad days but plenty of good ones too.

I wish you both lots of better days and rant all you like here....it's safe and we get it.

WElcome to you both I wish it was a normal chat forum and not one we turn to because we are struggling to cope with illness.

I have not heard of infection treatment for thinning bones. Do you mean osteoperosis? It sounds tough along with fibro.

Jobbigley.... Gosh how do they know you have fibro when MS has so many of the same symptoms...pain.numbness fatigue?

I always though if you had MS and RA that would account for just about every type of pain and weakness and symptom such as bladder /bowel/speech/vision etc problems.

I understand your anger. My fibro has taken a dive and my life is pretty intolerable for a while now and i have regressed from acceptance for the last 6 years to shock despair and anger.

I was never an angry person but this illness and the pain sends you half crazy.

There are lots of nice people here with advice...many doing better than me and i was doing good for years with bad days but plenty of good ones too.

I wish you both lots of better days and rant all you like here....it's safe and we get it.
Thank you for your kind words and yes, I meant osteoporosis. I am 48 years old. I was not expecting that from my PCP. I am going to see an arthritis/ osteo Dr. (He is a Rheumy) and continue going to underwater treadmill. Not sure what else to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back