Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
05/2014
Country
CA
State
ON
I am new to this group and looking forward to hearing what some people go through everyday and how they cope with Fibromyalgia.

Hi Joanne,
Cruise through this site and you will quickly see how we cope. Some days are better than others. 2 years ago I had 3 surgeries and healed quickly and well. Some said surgeries really drug them under but not me. 3 weeks ago I had a total knee replacement and the FM has been kicking my butt! I also have bursitis in my hip rearing its ugly head after several years of it being quiet- in the same side. Now I know what they meant. Even though there are pain meds it isn't enough to keep the intense burning/aching/flu-like/stiff as a board/cramping at bay. God help me.

Prayer, diversions like seeing my grandkids, reading, crochet, watering plants outside-these things help to distract from the pain. Supplements help more than I thought. 10 days before surgery I was told to stop taking all supplements, very soon the FM symptoms came on so strong! I'll never doubt that they help now.

Take care, and I hope we can help you navigate this new world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back