Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
06/2019
Country
US
State
MA
I was diagnosed with Fibro this last June after a ton of tests, which I’m sure all of you have come to appreciate. As there is no one test to determine Fibro, we sufferers are subjected to an extentive battery of blood, X-RAY, CT-SCAN, and MRI tests, which basically rule out everything else. Mine was further complicated by the fact that it lay hidden beneath opioid use due to a failed a Lumbar Fusion. I was forced to taper off all opiates, last Fall, and that’s when I developed symptoms of Fibro. I never knew I had it, up until then. So surprise surprise!! This has become beyond a drag. The fatigue, the depression and the pain are debilitating. My hands and feet hurt so much. I’ve taken to massaging them every night with a deep moisturizer and it seems to help, but whether that’s the moisturizer or the massaging, I don’t know. I have a wrecked knee and a ruined back, so exercise is tricky at best. Does anyone else suffer from weird, tight sensations? Like a group of muscles has freaked out? Locked up? This comes on like in a wave, aka in the cheeks of my face of all places! My cheeks go bright red.. there’s no hiding it, and no it’s not a hot flash. It feels like a cramp. It’s borderline painful, and looks downright ridiculous!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back