Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
06/2014
Country
US
State
PA
I was diagnosed with FM 7 years ago, but had some form of it way before then. I was 60, so I was able to retire. At first it wasn’t too bad. If I too a nap when needed and didn’t overdo, I was able to live a more or less normal life. I tried all the medications available for fibromyalgia and none of them did anything for me. Plus I’m on Plavix for life and I’m not able to take any NSAIDS. My only pain pill (haha) is Tylenol. I have gotten so much worse in the past 7 years. My biggest issue right now is horrible burning that goes down my legs when I stand or walk. I spend half of my time laying down. It’s horrible. My question to you all is did anyone re-try medications years after you originally tried them? I’m desperate.
Thank you all for listening.

Mary

Hi Mary, and welcome to the forum.
You could of course re-try medications, at least the ones that are not likely to do you ay harm. Stay away from all steroids, though, as they are guaranteed to make things worse in the long run.

I haven't re-tried any meds because I realized that staying away from medication is much healthier than relying on them, and most didn't do much for me anyway.

The most important thing, though, is how you are managing FM for yourself. You might want to read the post at the very top of the General forum, and see if implementing those things might help you.

I'm sorry to hear about the burning in your legs. I get that too at times, along with other leg things. Perhaps a TENS machine would help? Might be worth a try. I'd also highly recommend trying to do some kind of exercise with your legs. I don't mean a workout! Just something tiny small, like a short walk, but regular. If you haven't been moving around very much that is most likely contributing to your leg issues.
Wishing you the best.

Hello, Mary. Welcome to the forums and sorry because I haven't tried re-try any medicines so I can't answer your question fully.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back