DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
08/2008
Country
uk
State
Greater Manchester
Hi everyone,
I was diagnosed nearly 9 years ago with Fibromyalgia. Currently going through a flare. Its hellish but getting through slowly.
I also have one of those partners that tells me to take paracetamol and it will be ok. REALLY THEN YOU TAKE PARACETAMOL THE NEXT TIME A TRUCK HITS YOU. OOOOHHH he gets me angry. No one understands the misery of this condition unless they have it themselves.

Hi Dragongirl,

Flares are horrible! I feel lately I've been in one continuous flare for about 2 weeks. The weather here in NY is dreary and rainy.

I get the part about no one really understanding us. unless u deal with the aches, pain, stiffness and fatigue u will not understand.As soon as I open my eyes I feel the pain, and sometimes I just want to close my eyes again and sleep all day.

It gets tiring of dealing with it day in and day out.Trying to be positive today and it's not easy.
We all have those days. We can have a really good couple of days,and then the flare can come back.

Today I couldn't get in the shower.I kept saying in my head. "You need to get in that shower", but my body didn't want to cooperate.

Like every time,your flare and mine will pass and we will have brighter days.
My husband also compares his pains with mine and It's hard to explain that it never really leaves.I just decided to just rest when I need it,and do things when I can. If he doesn't get it Owell.

I try to say to myself, it could be worse. There are so many people that are not able to do what we can do.
I try to talk to myself in a positive way and say that I have to get up and live my life like I'm not sick.It doesn't always work, but it does get me going most of the time.
The main thing is if you try and you can't do it today, then try tommorow.

Sagey

Hiya. Well said sagey, that's a good way to be thinking. My husband is the same dragongirl. I'm so exhausted from spending all weekend in the garden helping my husband pulling down trees & doing a lot of other work in the garden. It takes too much effort just now even to blink, I feel like I've been hammered by a really bad dose of the flu & my husband thinks he feels just as bad because he's been really busy too, he just doesn't get how debilitating this is. I know it's my own fault for doing too much & I'd probably do the same again & pay for it! Too stubborn for my own good. I hope your flare starts to ease off soon.

Hello Dragongirl,

I hope your recent flare is beginning to subside. Mine is also in full swing at present.
I have pain in my legs and lack of motivation today and I can relate to your frustration. I could probably deal with it it my own way with adjustment to usual posture, slowing down and resting for short periods (sitting around makes me worse but I do it anyway), and maybe a few very gentle yoga stretches but it's the advice from those who have no idea that upsets me the most. What I realise about my husband though is that his intentions are good and he hates seeing me in pain.

My kind thoughts go out to you,

Peaceandquiet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back