Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
02/1988
Country
CA
State
AB
Hello everyone, Nice to find a forum of this kind. For so many years I thought I was going it alone, trying to resolve this condition. When I was diagnosed there wasn't much material out there about it. Since that was in 1988 there wasn't much of an internet to look things up or share ideas like we have now.

Back then most doctors treated patients exhibiting fibro's symptoms with anti-inflamatories and sent you on your way, if they even recognized it. I was fortunate to make the acquaintance of a young doctor from Montreal who had heard of it. At first it was a blessing just to have a name for what I was experiencing. Six months later I was sent to the UofA to see a rheumatologist. He didn't help much except confirm the diagnosis but he did suggest I participate in a study the UofA was holding on fibromyalgia. It was good to be able to share experiences with others and know there were others.

For a number of years I was working with a chiropractor and a naturopath and thought I had a lot of my symptoms under control. But I am realizing that fibro has more control of my life than I thought. Not coping well with the apparent symptoms of mild depression, lack of sleep, and a new one I read about on this forum, fibrofog.

welcome here, i am new here too. I have had fibro about the same amount of time as you. I also have Crohns and arthritis
I am going to a pain management clinic now dealing with the worsening effects of fibro. This after a neurologist for nerve
pain i didn't realize was finro. I had what i call a mental break last year, so I welcome the brain fog now as a relief from
where I was before. Everyrhing just hit hard at the same time, also I was on hard hitting medications from crohns.
I try each day to think positive thoughts and not sweat small stuff, do things I can do and let go of the others.
I am taking gapapentin and am on a pain patch through the pain mgmmt doc...it is their job to get your pain to
a point where you can manage reasonably everyday, and I am on my way to that end. I hope you can get relief. IF
you have insurance this might be an answer for you too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back