Not open for further replies.

dorann

Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
Kentucky
Hi everyone, I am Dorann and I am new to this forum. I am a married 33-year-old mother of two children and a certified klutz. Okay, maybe not certified, but a klutz none the less. I managed to break my arm on Monday by tripping over a pile of air.

That said, I am really not here so much for myself as I am for my husband. He has been dealing with chronic pain for the last five years, but the only official diagnosis that he has ever had is that he had Hodgkin's Lymphoma three years ago. He is in remission now and still deals with pain on a daily basis.

I look forward to getting to know you and expanding my knowledge so that I can continue to be Tom's health advocate.

Hi there! Just wanted to tell you it is admirable that you are seeking help for your dear husband. When I was first diagnosed with celiac disease, my husband went gluten free with me. And then came my FMS diagnosis and he is supportive with that as well. It means so much to me so I know it will mean just as much for your husband. It makes ALL the difference having your spouse's support and love. It makes daily pain and suffering a little more bearable.

BTW, here in northern Alberta we have had tons of snow on the ground for 65 days and temperatures of -30C to -35C with windchill down to -50C so we know cold. It has been this cold for many weeks and it is sickening! It really hurts my body, actually, but my husband and I are moving to Croatia in the summer where the climate is far better for me. :)

Hi Dorann, I'm new to the forum as well and also admire your desire to be your hubby's advocate. Your support shows the love you have for him indeed. Hope he is having a better day and you're staying warm!

Hi there! Just wanted to tell you it is admirable that you are seeking help for your dear husband. When I was first diagnosed with celiac disease, my husband went gluten free with me. And then came my FMS diagnosis and he is supportive with that as well. It means so much to me so I know it will mean just as much for your husband. It makes ALL the difference having your spouse's support and love. It makes daily pain and suffering a little more bearable.

BTW, here in northern Alberta we have had tons of snow on the ground for 65 days and temperatures of -30C to -35C with windchill down to -50C so we know cold. It has been this cold for many weeks and it is sickening! It really hurts my body, actually, but my husband and I are moving to Croatia in the summer where the climate is far better for me. :)

Now that is colder than I have ever seen and I really never hope to experience that kind of cold. For Tom, he really does struggle whenever it is below freezing. We have considered moving further south to help with that but it isn't financially feasible for us.

Hi Dorann, I'm new to the forum as well and also admire your desire to be your hubby's advocate. Your support shows the love you have for him indeed. Hope he is having a better day and you're staying warm!

I guess you can say that I am staying warm. He is having a decent day today. We even got the kids new beds set up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back