DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
09/2009
Country
UK
State
London
Hi,

I'm thinking of starting a facebook support group for young people (up to age 35) living with Fibromyalgia with the potential to arrange get togethers.

I was in a meeting today for people with chronic pain and released there was no one my age but there must be people out there my age (27) with Fibromyalgia...

I've had it since I was 18 and just really want to help out young people going through this.

Thanks for listening.

Lauren

Hi Lauren. There's definitely people your age and younger. I met a girl a couple years back that had Fibromyalgia onset after a car accident. She was only 23. Primarily it's older but not always so you're not alone.

Welcome to the group. I wonder if there's more support in UK. Canada is pretty hit and miss for most of us.

There have been a number of younger people on here ive noticed in the last 18 months...im not sure who is around right now but people do come and go..i think its a great idea for you to support each other as you are all at the start of your adult lives and maybe face different problems in some ways.

Well done for your idea and i wish you luck Im sure it would be of great value..support means so much however old you are with this condition.

Hi,
I think you have a great idea there, just wanted to ask if u would consider making the age limit up i,m 42 and have had fm for 6 years now I would really like to join people on sites as I,ve never been on anything like this before.

Hi Lauren,

That's great! because a lot of the younger age group can have a hard time finding each other.
Good luck with the group

Sagey

Hi Lauren,

I am 34 years old, been suffering since I was 19. I would love to find an active support group, specially one that is open towards a male who suffers with fibro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back