DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
01/2017
Country
US
State
Maryland
Hi all,

I've had fibro symptoms for about five years but was just recently diagnosed after a health incident (pelvic pain that was completely investigated and no diagnosis emerged) caused a bad flare up. I am interested in alternative/holistic care and have found that acupuncture helps with my pain.

I am currently both anxious and depressed because I am almost 30 and have finally gotten to a place where I can finish my B.A. I live with my mother but have made a career over the past ten years that allows me to have some income through consulting. However, it is difficult with my health issues to work while I go to school full time. I am not making a lot of money since I don't have the energy to find clients and I'm afraid of losing my insurance, which is supplemented by medicaid through the state. I only have 3 semesters to complete and I would be upset if I had to stop going to school to work full time to cover medical expenses.

On the other hand, I have really committed to changing my diet and exercising over the past few weeks and have noticed positive changes.

I am just looking to connect with other people. I have a lot of anxiety about my symptoms as well and sometimes it helps to know that some of the weirder ones are not uncommon for people with our diagnosis.

That's really all I have to say now...hope everyone is doing well today :D

Hi,

Sorry to hear you were diagnosed with this. I am 28 almost 30 as well. I was 20 when I was diagnosed, the end of my junior year in college. I managed to graduate and finish out my last three semesters. I was working as well. Only part time, but it is possible for you to finish. Especially if you already have a handle on eating right, exercising lightly and finding that it helps. I live with my mom too. I have since I was sick in college. I did work for awhile. I was working in 2015 but stopped due to compounding issues from my bipolar and fibromyalgia.

As far as the weird symptoms, yes they are there, and they are annoying. But they are manageable. And there are plenty of friendly people here who can attest to that :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back