DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
AU
State
Victoria
Hi,

I found this site by accident I was trying to find fibro doctors in Melbourne and found this forum.

I'm looking forward to meeting people like myself as I have been dealing with fibro and chronic fatigue since 2011 plus other health issue before that.

I hadn't realised how long this has been going on for. I guess all my days seem to roll into one.

Anyway I'm off to read some off the posts the many posts on here. See ya.

Hiya. Welcome to the forum. I just got lucky when I googled that this was the first forum I came across. It has helped me so much already.

Hello from Oregon, US. I have had about 20 yrs major clinical depression from when my husband was diagnosed with ALS. He died 9 yrs ago, left huge empty hole in me, we were soulmates. I was diagnosed with fibro yesterday. The depression and the fibro both cause body pain. I am lucky to have an exellent doctor who listens. I hope you can get all the help you need.

Welcome to our group..so many supportive people here that will listen and respond so feel free to contribute..we look forward to hearing more about you.

Hi!
I also found this page by accident, but it is quite interesting to see all the previous threads and comments from people that seem to feel the same way I do and are on their fibro journey! I also found a lot of pages on facebook that have been very helpful and there are some very supportive people there too! I like this forum though, because you get a lot of nosey people of facebook and the things I would like to ask/moan about I don't necessarily want everyone on my friends list to see!
I hope you find the support you are looking for on this page, and make plenty of friends too!
Gentle hugs xoxo

I am so sorry to hear about your husband, but so glad that you have a supportive doctor who is helping you- it makes all the difference!
Gentle hugs xx

imcreative to BooBug9422

I did my first post yesterday, saw your post this morning. If you were talking to me (husband, supportive doctor) THANK YOU! I appreciate your response. The doctor I'm seeing is an Internal Medicine doctor. I went in to find out if I need to change my statin drug. The general body soreness is similar to a few years ago when a different doctor said my muscle pain was a side effect of my cholesteral meds. Went to this doc to see if pain is from med. She asked me about two dozen questions then had me stand up and pressed on the 18 tender points, all were positive. She said I have fibromyalgia pain and the depression pain together. I hadn't even considered that before my appointment. It's good to have a doctor who is really working to help me find answers. Depression is being treated with meds and psycho therapy.

Re: imcreative to BooBug9422

I did my first post yesterday, saw your post this morning. If you were talking to me (husband, supportive doctor) THANK YOU! I appreciate your response. The doctor I'm seeing is an Internal Medicine doctor. I went in to find out if I need to change my statin drug. The general body soreness is similar to a few years ago when a different doctor said my muscle pain was a side effect of my cholesteral meds. Went to this doc to see if pain is from med. She asked me about two dozen questions then had me stand up and pressed on the 18 tender points, all were positive. She said I have fibromyalgia pain and the depression pain together. I hadn't even considered that before my appointment. It's good to have a doctor who is really working to help me find answers. Depression is being treated with meds and psycho therapy.
Hi, sorry I was replying to you - just hadn't worked this website out yet!!
It makes so much difference having support from a doctor etc that is pushing to help you - I am so glad you are getting it! I found through my own research that alot of symptoms of fibro and depression interconnect, I had not really clicked about it before. I am glad you are getting answers, my doctor has not even done the pressure points even though he has said he is certain I have fibro...frustrating but we will all get there. gentle hugs x

Thank you everyone for your kind wishes and words. I am really looking forward to connecting with people on here :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back