Reason
Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
TN
Hey there! Just wanted to introduce myself. I’m 42 and am currently going through a battery of tests to rule out everything else so my neurologist can confirm his idea that I have FM. I’m pretty positive that I have it, after all the research that I have done, but everyone here knows about the testing so there’s no surprise there. I can’t get into see a rheumatologist until July, but that’s my next step. I’ve been in a flare since February and have been hospitalized once, due to my inability to walk. This whole thing has been terrifying, to say the least.
I’m a 911 Dispatcher for a very large, very overpopulated city with hoards of tourists coming every day, but with very few dispatchers. The stress at my job is unbelievable and I know it directly affects my health- mental and physical. But, the health insurance is the best I’ve ever had. It’s really a catch 22 at this point. My doctors and husband want me to find another job, and I would love something where I could work remotely, but I’m having a hard time finding a position like this. I was able to get FMLA for the days where I just cannot manage the pain, but I’m always so guilty for not being at work when I know how short staffed we are.
Anyway, I have been feeling super isolated due to all of this and I’m glad I stumbled across this forum. It’s uplifting to not feel alone, but utterly depressing to see some of your struggles and how closely they match my own. No one should have to go through this.

Hello and welcome!
Your job is one that is known to be extremely stressful. If it is possible for you to get a different one with less stress that of course would be good. In the meantime do everything you can to manage the stress healthfully. Losing the insurance is a big deal, I know. I really hate the way health insurance work in this country, causing people to continue in unhealthy jobs because they couldn't otherwise afford to deal with the problems the job causes! It's completely backwards.

You are not alone. We are here to help when we can and empathize even when we cannot, and although we are far away from you physically we understand what you go through. I hope this forum will be helpful to you.
And remember.....it is possible to have a good life even with fibro. Unfortunately, the doctors and medications may not be very helpful in this, and you will have to do a lot of it for yourself. But you can do it and we are here to cheer you on.

Hi there. Welcome to the forum and I hope you find this place great as I do. Most of us feel isolated somehow, but we're here for each other so see you around!

Ditto to everything Sunkacola said!

Welcome, Paintedfox. I'm so sorry you're stuck in a flare right now. That all sounds like a tough position to be in - I hope you find some relief very soon, whether its new ways to manage the stress of your work, or new work all together. We are certainly all here if you need to vent, or want to bounce something off others who are experiencing a similar journey. Good luck ☀️

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back