DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
10/2012
Country
US
State
OH
Hi All..

Not much into groups , however I have reached my limit of this and other issues I have and how they are trying to control my life! It seems like a uphill battle daily. 1 good day full of energy with no pain and than 3 down days miserable. The worst part for me is seeing my family trying to be so patient and understanding for me, yet it's not like Im in a wheelchair - it's 1 more invisible disease that no one can see. My question is : Do they REALLY believe me? It's SO frustrating. I look pretty OKAY to everyone, just maybe a little tired looking and a slight limp, but I'm a 40 some yr old Mom of 2 under 13yrs, who wouldn't look tired? So... the battle continues to fight daily for my life back! I joined this to hear some of all of your stories ~ hoping that I can find more info to possibly help the fight. I do have other health issues as well (2 auto immune diseases), but I am controlling those pretty well, now just trying to get through the end of a LONG Ohio Winter and damp Spring with less pain and fatigue! But how? I feel like I've tried EVERYTHING! So much does work, yet not permanently :( Seems to always rear its ugly head eventually. So....it's a Full - time job taking care of ME! Wishing everyone the best and I will share my favorite saying that I tell myself each morning to keep going... " You are the author of the story of your life - Make it a happy one :) !" 8)

welcome to our group! you found the right place. many nice caring folks here to help.please read our posts and reply to them. it helps you and us by replying. first your morning saying is wonderful. next we all have good days and bad days. some bad days never seem to end. im on day 59 of straight pain. how do i know fifty nine? i keep a daily log book, just as you should.

your Question" My question is : Do they REALLY believe me? : do they believe you when you say you have a headache? you cant see that either but it hurts.if you really want to know and your family cares, there is a way for them to know.

Get a wooden clothes pin. tell them to place it on their body any where they chose. tell them now dont take it off and wait. most folks make it under a minute some even more. they will take it off. then you ask them why did you take it off?, you looked fine to me. they will say it hurts. now you can say to them thats the pain i feel all day and night everyday. I cant take it off like you did. if you had to wear it all the time you too would need help doing things and sleeping. so i take the drugs to help me with this pain that i cant just take it off because it hurts. then bring them to this forum and have them read though some of our posts. there is a post i put out there thats called what is fibromyalaga.

I hope this helps you and your family understand what fibro is like living with. stay strong and my you have a good day soon.

welcome to our group! you found the right place. many nice caring folks here to help.please read our posts and reply to them. it helps you and us by replying. first your morning saying is wonderful. next we all have good days and bad days. some bad days never seem to end. im on day 59 of straight pain. how do i know fifty nine? i keep a daily log book, just as you should.

your Question" My question is : Do they REALLY believe me? : do they believe you when you say you have a headache? you cant see that either but it hurts.if you really want to know and your family cares, there is a way for them to know.

Get a wooden clothes pin. tell them to place it on their body any where they chose. tell them now dont take it off and wait. most folks make it under a minute some even more. they will take it off. then you ask them why did you take it off?, you looked fine to me. they will say it hurts. now you can say to them thats the pain i feel all day and night everyday. I cant take it off like you did. if you had to wear it all the time you too would need help doing things and sleeping. so i take the drugs to help me with this pain that i cant just take it off because it hurts. then bring them to this forum and have them read though some of our posts. there is a post i put out there thats called what is fibromyalaga.

I hope this helps you and your family understand what fibro is like living with. stay strong and my you have a good day soon.
Hi! Thank You so much for replying to my new member post and the GREAT advice about the clothes pin! That is PERFECT! I will do that tonight when everyone is home :) Yesterday it was actually almost 60 degrees here in Ohio and I felt not so good upon waking (normal!) but as I stretched and took my morning supplements as I always do... I suddenly got a burst of energy! I thought " could it a no pain day?" I actually felt pretty darn good! I tried not to overdo it since I know that good days can come back to haunt you w/pain :( Sure enough....this morning temp's dropped down to low 40's and here I am again with pain. :( I just woke up at 7am and here it is almost 1040am an I could take a nap! Which I don't dare b/c I will not get up! Always happens to me. Just feels too good under the warm blankets and heating pads to move! So.... I will do my yoga, stretch, and carry on! Hoping , praying that some burst of energy will come and the pain will subside for at least another day! I love life... I love my family...I love everything about where we are at right now.....but THIS IS NO WAY TO ENJOY IT! Any suggestions on morning rituals that anyone does to "get them going in the AM?" Does anyone have a hottub at home? I was thinking of getting one to soak in once a day?
Also.... 1 thing I have tried and it really does help with Energy levels is a GOOD Organic Adrenal Support Supplement. I am in my mid-forties and I will say... I CAN tell a difference! Give it a try! Also....a good RAW food supplement with lots of B Complex has helped a little too. Just thought I'd share. Happy St. Patricks day and may the luck of the Irish take away our pain and give us many blessings! .....Peace & Love, :)

i just try to make it through the morning on my meds and i try to keep moving. i try to kerep my mind of my pain. i come here and see what other folks are saying. any knowledge can help you.. how did the clothes pin thing go with the family?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back