Not open for further replies.

alikat1

Diagnosis
08/2008
Country
UK
State
Clacks
Hi there! I live in Scotland but am originally from Canada. I was Dx'd in 2008 with FM by my GP (well, it was admittedly a bit of a joke in regards to that diagnosis, but hey ho...). Been in 4 car accidents, 3 of which I definitely had whiplash from. I used to own a catering company and some restaurants in Canada, moved to the UK to be with the love of my life and worked in the property industry. All of which went tits up with the recession and my illness taking hold. BUT I REFUSE TO GIVE UP! My friend and I have written a children's book for young families where a carer has an invisible illness and we now have a contract to write 3 more books. I also volunteer at a variety of places (from my bed!) including the LDN Research Trust. I look forward to being a part of this forum! A.x

alikat1,
Welcome to the forum. Sounds like you have a very busy and full life, filled with writing childrens books and doing volunteer work. I am sorry to hear you have been in several car accidents and suffered from whiplash. Hope you visit often and join in on the discussions on the different sections and subjects throughout the forum.

There are good posts about managing pain and fatigue, dealing with brain fog and unbelieving family and friends. Hope to see more of you all around the forum. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back