Hello/Hola

Status
Not open for further replies.

ROCKI

Hello, I am new to this in hopes to find some help and or suggestions. I was diagnosed almost 3yrs ago…I work full time and have 3 little ones that keep me busy….and now im in what my dr is calling aggressive stage, (difficulty walking it feels like my legs muscles are constricted and hurts to walk or stretch,standing, walking, sitting hurts, headache and nausea 24/7, sometimes slurred speech. Etc) and I have to keep working. Along with this diagnosis I was also diagnosed with chronic lung infection which i have to do breathing treatments daily, and inhalers and will be on meds for the rest of my life. Im struggling with filing for disability or keep pushing through in hopes that I dont get fired from my job. I’ve had to fight just to be able to work from home since this has gotten worse. Anyone out there dealt or dealing with this?

Welcome to the forum, Rocki. I hope that you find being here is helpful to you. I have not dealt with a breathing problem on top of fibro, but others here may have and may respond to you. It definitely sounds very difficult. I have never heard a doctor refer to an "aggressive stage" with regards to fibromyalgia before, and wonder what was meant by that. For most people fibro involves a chronic pain/fatigue condition with flares of worse pain that come and go however often they come for that individual, but it is not progressive, so the word "aggressive", which is usually reserved for a worsening condition, is not used. I hope that this forum proves to be useful to you. We are here to help.
I don't know where you live, but in the USA if you want to get disability you may find that is very difficult while you are still working because they figure if you can work you don't need it. The system is in need of a great deal of improvement, but as far as I know (and I may be wrong), it's nearly impossible to get SSDI (disability) while you are still capable of working at all.

and now im in what my dr is calling aggressive stage
so the word "aggressive", which is usually reserved for a worsening condition
I'm embarrassed to admit that I thought that this was referring to being in the aggressive stage of grief about losing our old lives, which would (like denial, depression, acceptance etc.). Now I agree it's more likely what we call a flare. What is or would be important for you to know is how long that stage = flare will take. For many, a flare, the severe stage, is temporary, but periodic, and if that's the case you won't be able to identify any triggers while you're that busy, because you are being triggered all the time. But in between it often doesn't stop. And if you're unlucky, like me, the severe stage is not temporary, it's continual, and after over 3 years, worsening from additional stuff, most people are thinking mine's "final".

Your situation, ROCKI, sounds pretty impossible to continue, you're very "brave" in trying to. I'd suggest some kind of counselling to make sure you have enough support in place before you crash or to stop you crashing. Support for how you work, support for your kids. I know it's probably luxury, but in Germany mums in that situation can fairly easily get a mother-child cure in a clinic for a few weeks to months. If I'd've paused in time, I may have prevented or delayed the full flare.

Rocki, I am so sorry to learn about your incredibly difficult struggles. I get fibromyalgia flaresusually in the early mornings but am retired, so I can lie down and rest when the pain and fatigue get too great. I want you to know that I am a strong believer in the power of prayer and will now be praying for you to have Gods strength and comfort in your times of need. Let us know how things go with you, your family and your work situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back